a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem is that you need to go to ford and have them reprogram it to the truck. It is not a after market system it is built into the truck from ford and has to have a special program from them to make it link with the truck.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
try programming the remote again, here is how u do that. if this doesn't fix the problem the remote may be defective, if you need a new one try ebay, they are very cheap to buy there.
Note: Existing keyless remotes will be erased with this procedure. Existing working remotes will have to reprogrammed also.
1. Locate the programming connector wire located in the RH trunk area. You may have to pull back right side trunk trim on trunk wall to locate the single black/white wire.
2. The programming connector wire should have one termial in the plastic connector on end of black/white wire. Ground the terminal in the connector to a nearby bolt or trunk latch. Leave connector wire connected to ground through out procedure.
3. System will now lock and unlock doors automatically to indicate programming mode has been activated.
4. Press any button on keyless remote. System will respond by locking and unlocking doors one time to indicate successful programming.
5. Repeat step 4 for to program any additonalkeyless remotes including and existing keyless remotes. Do not remove ground wire between programming of keyless remotes.
6. Disconnect programming connector wire from ground to exit programming mode.
7. Test keyless remote(s).
try reprogramming the seats had to do this on an infiniti. look in the owners manual for the seat adjustments and it should tell you how to reprogram the auto seat. on this one i had to open the door more than two times turn key to on position not started set the seats and everything where it needed to be and resave it on the door switch. then the seat starting working right again.
reading your post you mention to "open and close switch"..not sure what refering to...these are the instructions from your vehicles service manual...good luck!
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) are programmable and must be set at the same time. NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters into the RAP module, perform the following steps:
Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.
Turn the ignition switch (11572) from OFF to RUN eight times within ten seconds, ending in RUN. If the RAP module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.
Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Diagnosis and Testing.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to 20 seconds after step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the RAP module will lock and unlock all doors one last time to confirm.
remote key fobs very sensitive & not durable.You probally need a new remote.Try E-Bay much cheaper than chevy store.They will need to be programmed to you car when you get them.chevy for that.hope this helps
SECTION 501-14B: Keyless Entry/Computer Operated Locks
1999 Town Car Workshop Manual
Programming —Keyless Entry Keypad Code
Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.
Press the 1/2 button within five seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than two seconds will erase all stored customer codes. The existing codes do not need to be erased to program new codes.
Enter the new five-digit keyless entry keypad code.
To associate the new code with personality positions 1, 2 or 3, press the 1/2 button within 5 seconds of entering the 5th digit of the new code for position 1 or 3/4 button for position 2 or 5/6 for position 3. The door locks will lock and unlock confirming the new code is programmed.
If another code is to be programmed, begin entering the code within 5 seconds of the last button pressed.
After all new keyless entry codes are programmed:
Press keyless entry keypad buttons 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time to exit the program mode.
Wait for 5 seconds; the driver door module (DDM) will exit the program mode automatically.
On this model you will have to open glove box and press the tabs on each side so that you can open it all the way open. You will see a 2 wire grey connector behind it.
Turn ignition switch to run postion then take a paper clip or something like that and momentarily short the 2 wires together.
The door locks should then cycle from lock to unlock.Remove the paper clip then press one of the buttons on each remote. When you press the button on the remote door locks should cycle again to confirm that it programed.Then when finished turn off the ignition switch and door locks should unlock to confirm you have exited programming mode.
THIS IS THE PROCEDURE, FOLLOW IT EXACTLY OR IT WILL NOT WORK.
Transmitter Programming No Tools Required In the event that a transmitter is lost, program the old and the new transmitters into the memory of the remote control door lock receiver. Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed.
Important Once the keyless entry receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode, the programming of the first transmitter erases all previous transmitter programming information. You must then program all of the transmitters.
Program only 1 vehicle remote control door lock receiver at a time. If you program multiple receivers simultaneously, the same transmitter could possibly be programmed to more than 1 remote control door lock receiver.
Perform the following steps:
Sit in the vehicle driver's seat. (actually it’s much ezr from the front pass seat) Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. Close all of the vehicle's doors. Remove the MALL PGM fuse from the fuse panel. Refer to Electronic Diagnosis in Body and Chassis. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to the ACC position. Turn the ignition lock cylinder OFF, then back to ACC within 1 second. Open and then close any vehicle door. You will hear a chime when the remote control door lock receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode. If you do not hear a chime, start again at step 1.
Important After 7 seconds, you may hear a chime confirming successful synchronization. After approximately 14 seconds, you will hear a chime confirming successful programming.
Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds. Repeat step 8 in order to program each additional transmitter. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. Install the MALL PGM fuse back into the fuse panel. Refer to Electrical Diagnosis in Body and Chassis. Validate that all the transmitters that were programmed operate properly. Refer to Keyless Entry System Operation