Question about 2001 Cadillac Sts
How to locate and change the cabin air filter
Open the hood look on the right side of the firewall just below the wind sheild there should be a flap there and it is below that
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
behind the glove box, after taking out the glove box it has a cover marked"air filter access doo"r
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you for your help."
SOURCE: cabin air filter, location
It's located on the engine compartment firewall, passenger-side. Open
the hood, stand by the right front wheel and you'll see the fasteners
to remove forward of the wipers. Fasteners are removed by pushing the
center in, then pulling them out. To replace. pull the center out,
replace it, then push it flush to lock.
Good luck and hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 02, 2014 | 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
Dec 17, 2012 | 2003 Nissan Pathfinder
Jun 05, 2011 | 2008 Volkswagen Beetle
Feb 23, 2010 | 2004 Nissan Murano
Dec 06, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
May 18, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Venture Passanger
Nov 26, 2008 | 2006 Honda Accord
281 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: