Question about 1992 Buick LeSabre
I noticed my cigarette lighter was unplugged so when i plugged it back in it made a spark and all my interior lights stay on when the car is running, my radio quit working and there is a sick sounding alarm that goes off for about 10 seconds when i start the car. I checked all the fuses they are stil all good. when i shut down the car the lights go out. I dunno what to do now!?
First of all, you had a short in the electric system that included your cigarette lighter. When you saw the spark, you saw the result of a short. What you are experiencing now is a bad ground in the system.
This is what we refer to as stray voltage, which is why your lights are staying on. This is not aa fuse problem. If you haven't unplugged your cigarette lighter, do so. You are going to need the services of an automotive electrian to solve this problem. The reason your cigarette lighter may have been unplugged is that someone else knew of the existing problem.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 04, 2014 | 1990 Buick LeSabre
Feb 15, 2010 | 1998 Buick Park Avenue
Sep 30, 2014 | 1992 Buick LeSabre
424 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: