1997 jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 liter V8. Water Pump. When I remove the big nut to remove the clutch fan. Will that lose the pulley that's attached to the water pump? I don't see bolts holding pulley wheel to the water pump? Is it pressed on or will it become loose when I remove clutch fan nut?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
is it the lights of the gauges dont light up or the gauges dont work period? if they dont light up then check the bulbs that are behind the gauge cluster and they could be burnt out i have the flickering prob with my ac hvac controls and half the lights on my gauges dont light up due to bulbs being burnt out i just havent spent the money to get some blue leds to put in there
Display the "OIL LIFE REMAINING" on the driver information center. If your vehicle does not have DIC buttons, the vehicle must be in park to access this display. Press and hold the "SET/RESET" buttons for more than 5 seconds. The oil life will change to 100%.
Use this Procedure for Vehicles with Driver Information Center Buttons
This information is in your Owners Manual in the Drivers Information Center Section.
1. Insert Key and turn to ON position so you can access Driver Information Center
2. Press the vehicle information button until PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays 3. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVEdisplays 4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximatley 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed.
5.To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3. This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed. 6.To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key. Test remote(s).
Use this Procedure for Vehicles without Drivers Information Center Buttons To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the on position (as far as you can go without cranking engine)
1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays. 2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds. The messageREMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVEwill display 3.Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed. 4.To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3. This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed. 5.To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key. Test remote(s).
Good luck and hope this helps, you may have to reprogram. merry Xmas
A very common issue with that particular transmission is the "Neutral Safety Switch". Check fuses of course. But if that is ok then try this. The neutral safety switch is located on the drivers side of the transmission case just above the trans pan. Pull off the three wire connector and jump to two out board terminels (a paper clip will do). Turn on the key and your backup lites should be on. FYI: By the way the center terminel is the neutral safety part (it grounds to the trans). Replacing it is a matter of unscrewing it . Be aware you will get some trans fluid leakage and this switch has a gasket that may or may not stick to the case. Make sure the gasket is there or you will have a leak. (new one would be good but they can be reused) There have also been issues with the rear lighting harness connector located in the rear corners by the tail lites. (usually those create lamp outage warnings with the Vehicle Information Center) Good luck