An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: front turn signal bublb replacement
The only real way to do this is to remove the headlight assembly. There are two T30 Torx bolts on the top brackets for the headlight - remove those. The third bolt is harder to see. In the top of the fender, down over the headlight, there is a round hole. Shine a flashlight down there and you'll see the third Torx bolt. Unscrew that and then use one of those $1 magnetic retrieval tools they sell at the parts store to pull the bolt out.
Once these three bolts are out, you can manipulate the headlight out of the front of the car. From that point it's easy to replace the bulb. Reassembly is the reverse of removal.
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Front turn signal bulb replacement 2008 SRX . Jack up car & block . Remove front wheel & front half of the wheel house assemble. There are about 7 plastic pull rivets that have to be removed . Pull out the wheel house . Remove turn signal & driving light cover held on by 6 # T10 torx screws . Twist out socket & replace bulb # 3757NAK . Should take about 45 min.
The procedure to replace the REAR turn signal light bulb is as follows:-
1) There are three wing nuts on the inside of the trunk for each tail light. 2) Remove the piece of plastic just inside the trunk where the latch is. 3)Then remove the two thumb screws that the cargo net is attached to and the piece can be pulled up. 4)Them pull the carpeting away from the area where the tail light is located.5)properly remove the three thumb screws. 6) Keep the bulb handy so you can fit the new bulb as the old bulb is removed out.The procedure to replace the FRONT turn signal is as follows:--1) First remove the front headlight assembly.And the bulbs .2) Open the hood to remove the headlight assembly.3) Pull the headlamp assembly straight out from the vehicle (moving the headlamp up and down slightly may help to remove it easily).4) Front turn signal is located below the headlamp assembly (turn/parking lamp on top and the fog lamp is below it).5) Then turn the bulb socket 1/4 turn counterclockwise to remove it from assembly.6)Then pull the old bulb from the socket and replace it with a new one.Thanks. you can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
1. Remove the inner fender
2. Disconnect the 3p connector from the front turn signal/side marker light.
3. Turn the bub socket ( 45 degree ), counterclockwise to remove the bulb.
4. Install a new bulb in the reverse order of removal.
The bulb is inside the back of the signal and you'll have to twist the plastic piece in the back counter clock wise a quarter of a turn and pull back. It might have a tab on it that needs to be pushed in first before it will rotate. The space is kinda tight so you may need to pull the headlight assembly out to get to the back of it. You should be able to reach w/o doing that though. Use the light bulb box at Wal-mart to find the right replacement bulb or visit a auto parts store. It either takes a 194 bulb or a 3157 bulb. I believe it's the 194 bulb.
Sounds like you have a bad ground. Follow the wiring harnesses under the hood and in the trunk, there should be a ground wire going to the chassis or to the body. If they are all clean and tight, you might be looking at a bad light socket.
you have to squeeze your hand through the gap in the engine bay turn the casing to unlock the bulb from the hosing remove the bulb and replace it.
For more room to manouvre remove the air filter box and you will have plenty space
Open the hood. Locate the phillips screw that holds a plastic tab, from the signal lamp housing, onto the metal support, near/above the outer edge of the headlamp. Remove the screw. The turn signal lamp assembly pulls straight out, towards you. It may be rather tight, if it has never been replaced before. The bulb is replaced by turning the socket that hooks onto the inside of the lamp assembly.
It is a tight squeeze, but you can get your arm down past the headlight to the brake cooling duct and pull the brakeduct off the nose of the car back and to the side. Then you can reach through that hole and replace the turn signal blub