Question about 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
My functional fob (Transmitter) have only two buttons lock and unlock,no panic button.
I have purchased another similar spare fob to programme. How I do this?
Please help and note that both functional and non-functional fobs have no panic button
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2013 | Renault Megane Cars & Trucks
Mar 27, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 29, 2011 | Volkswagen Golf Cars & Trucks
Jan 31, 2011 | Kia Sorento Cars & Trucks
May 08, 2010 | 1997 Audi A4
Oct 06, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 16, 2009 | 1997 Volkswagen Golf
Jun 14, 2009 | 2004 Honda Civic
Feb 24, 2009 | 1999 Daewoo Lanos
Jul 30, 2008 | 2004 Chrysler Voyager
2,667 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: