Question about 2006 Cadillac DTS
Have filled all tires and computer still says check the tires. wheres the button?? please help. i miss my old cadi!
Programming TPM Sensors
1. Turn the ignition to ON.
2. Press the key fob lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for several seconds. The horn will chirp when the TPM
programming mode is activated. Important: If the TPM programming mode cannot be entered, check if the DIM is
configured with the correct RPO codes.
3. Starting with the Left Front Tire
4. Install the J 41760 over the left front valve stem. Magnets from Radio Shack, P/N 64-1888 (at $2.99), will also work.
They're too small to go over the valve stem cap, but once you remove it they slip over the valve stem just fine
instead of the GM tool.
5. The horn will sound, indicating the Left Front TPM sensor is programmed. Important: If the horn does not sound after
15 seconds, remove then reinstall the TPM sensor programming tool or place the magnet alongside the valve stem.
6. When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order:
o Right Front Tire
o Right Rear Tire
o Left Rear Tire
7. After the Left Rear sensor is programmed, the horn will sound twice to indicate programming is complete.
1. The programming mode will be canceled if any of the following conditions are met:
o The ignition is turned OFF.
o All four sensors have been programmed.
o The TPM system has been in the program mode for longer than 5 minutes and no sensors have been learned.
2. If more then one minute has passed before the next sensor is programmed, all previously stored codes are
erased from the receiver's memory.
after driving around for a few blocks, if the pressure does not match the tire pressure for each wheel, then the sensor is bad.
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2012 | 1997 Cadillac DeVille
May 29, 2010 | 1997 Cadillac Catera
Oct 21, 2009 | Nissan Versa Cars & Trucks
Sep 02, 2009 | 2008 Toyota Avalon
Mar 28, 2009 | 2005 Ford Freestar
Mar 14, 2009 | 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora
Sep 01, 2008 | 1991 Cadillac Eldorado
Aug 10, 2008 | 1999 Buick Century
Aug 06, 2008 | Mercury Grand Marquis Cars & Trucks
2,230 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: