- Remove all door inside handles.
- Remove the door inside locking rod knob.
- On styles with door pull handles, remove the screws inserted through the handle into the door panel.
styles with remote control mirror assemblies, remove the remote mirror
escutcheon and disengage the end of the mirror control cable from the
- On styles equipped with switch cover plate in the
door armrest, remove the screws securing the cover plate, then
disconnect the switches and cigar lighter, if so equipped, from the
- Remove the remote control cover plates and remove the exposed screws securing the cover plate to the door inner panel.
styles with integral armrest, remove the screws inserted through the
pull cup into the armrest hanger support. On some styles it may be
necessary to remove the screws behind the armrest deflector or courtesy
lamp remote control cover plate. On styles with armrest applied after
the door trim installation, remove the armrest to door inner panel
- On styles with with two piece trim panels,
disengage the retainer clips at the front and rear of the upper trim
panel. Remove the upper trim panel by lifting upward and sliding
slightly rearward to disengage the the front door inner panel at the
- On styles with electric switches located in the door trim panel, disconnect the wire harness at the switch assembly.
remove the lower trim panel, remove the attaching screws along the
upper edge of the lower trim panel. Then starting at a lower corner,
insert a pry type tool between the door inner panel and the trim panel
and disengage the retaining clips down both sides and across the
bottom. On styles with courtesy lamps or reading lamps located in the
trim panel, disconnect the wire harness at the lamp assembly.
styles with one piece trim panels, remove all the clips around the
perimeter of the trim panel. Push the trim panel downward and outboard
to disengage it from the door inner panel at the beltline. Disconnect
any courtesy lamp wire harnesses, if so equipped and remove the trim
panel from the door.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. On
styles with adjustable trim supports at the beltline, the door trim
panel can be adjusted in or out so as not to restrict door window