well thats in the FSM. easy peasy
stock radio , we cant do non stock. (vast )
i guess step 4 is it?
heater control page.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped, disable the air bag system. (skip)
- Carefully pull the knobs off of the control levers.
- On Sidekick, Tracker, Sidekick Sport and X-90 models, grasp the trim panel and pull it off of the instrument panel.
- stop.... here.
electronic version not analog
remove ash tray, and hidden tray screw and tray guide
- Pull the heater control lever knobs off of the levers.
- On 1996-98 models, separate the heater control trim panel from the control unit by pulling it straight away from the instrument panel. Allow the trim panel to hang loose.
- Open the ashtray, then depress the ashtray retainer and remove the ashtray from the sliding track. While it is removed from the vehicle, now would be a good time to wash it out.
- Loosen the two retaining screws, then remove the ashtray track from the instrument panel center trim bezel.
- On 1989-95 Sidekick and Tracker models, remove the trim panel (Bezel) by prying it carefully away from the instrument panel.
- On 1996-98 models, remove the center trim bezel from the instrument panel by loosening the four retaining screws and maneuvering the heater control trim through the appropriate hole. Set the bezel out of the way.
- Use a screwdriver to loosen the one rear mounting bracket-to-radio screw; access can be gained to this screw through the ashtray hole.
- Remove the four radio front retaining screws, then pull the radio out of the instrument panel just far enough so that the electrical connections on the rear of the radio can be accessed.
- Detach and label the wiring from the radio. Also, detach the antenna cable from the rear face of the radio
- pull radio. now. (if stock if not stock look for locks)