The main relay is located behind left side of the dash and above and behind the fusebox and above the hood release.
rate this solution fixya.
Diagram below:- Acura Main Relay
location and removal procedures.
EFI Main Relay for:
- Honda Civic/CRX/del Sol 1984-1995
- 1986-89 INTEGRA
- 1990-93 INTEGRA #39400-SH3-003 RELAY (RZ-0063)
- 1986-90 LEGEND #39400-SH3-003 RELAY (RZ-0063) (RZ-0046)
- 1991-93 LEGEND (rz-0105)
- VIGOR (behind the left front kick panel)
The main relay is located behind left side of the dash and above and
behind the fusebox and above the hood release. The First generation
Legend main relay location is between the steering column and the fuse
box. It's deep in there. There was a little difficulty drawing the
relay so it's actually very deep in there. There is a device (a relay)
the main relay. You will need to remove it to get a view of the main
relay. The removal procedure is the about the same as the Accord's
Legend, 96-98 Acura TL main relay
Acura Integra 98-01 main relay location:
Locating the main relay using your ears and fingers:
1. Turn the ignition to ON. You should hear two clicks (a thousand
of a second apart) under the left or right side of the dash board. One
click is for the ECU/Injectors the other is for the fuel pump. At this
moment the check engine light should come on.
2. Listen carefully at the moment the clicks engage (usually somewhere
underneath the dashboard.) Reach in and touch the main relay.
3. 2 seconds later you should feel a click if the main relay is at
least working or wait until it works. At this moment the check engine
light should go out.
4. Turn the ignition to start and you should feel a click, turn engine off you should feel another click.
5. Most main relays should have seven terminals. Please check if the location is already listed below.
How do I get the main relay out?
Steps: See four ways below so you can get it out. First you have to reach
high up in there and do all this with one hand and a flashlight.
Unbolt the bolt using a 10mm socket (picture A) or
Unclip the clip from the steel tab and slide it apart (picture A) or
Separate the steel tab from the plastic case (picture B) with a
large flat screw driver
jam and twist between the plastic case and the tab or
the negative battery
terminal. Unclip two clips I pointed with two arrows (picture C, or below)
with a small flat head screw driver or with a strong thumb and then yank it out (D.)
This is the preferred choice by many. Mechanics prefer choice A and maybe
B. See detailed relay circuit photo.