Question about 2003 Suzuki Aerio
How do i reprogram my keyless entry....i replaced the batteries now it doesn't work at all.
I had the same problem and located the addendum to the owners manual. It's kind of overcomplicated it seems. Here is what it says:
1) Confirm all doors are closed and the key is out of the ignition.
2) Open the driver's door and put the key in the ignition within 10 seconds.
3) Remove the key within 10 seconds.
4) Push and release the driver's door switch 3 times within 20 seconds.
5) Insert the ingition key within 10 seconds.
6) remove the ignition key within 10 seconds
7) press and hold both "lock" and "unlock" on the transmitter for more than 5 seconds within 20 seconds of removing the key All doors will lock/unlock to confirm the process has been properly done.
8) Press "lock" or "unlock" on the transmitter within 5 seconds of completing step 7. All the doors will lock/unlock to confirm that the process was properly done.
At this point the transmitter has been properly programmed.
Of course, this didn't help me. My transmitter still does not work. I did confirm the procedure with a known good transmitter, so it is valid. If the lock/unlock does not happen in step 7, you more than likely have a bad transmitter.
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
I can find the programming procedure for most cars on the internet, but not any Suzuki information, I did find this, it is a little vague but give it a try.
Remove remote battery, hold both buttons down fro 30 seconds. Replace battery, stand next to driver door and hold down both buttons for 30 seconds.
It is either this or very similar sequence - it has worked for me
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
If you are able to contact me directly, I will send you the directions to reprogram your remote.
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Reprograming a keyless remote
program transmitter code(s) as follows:
1) Confirm that all the doors are closed and the ignition key is out of the ignition cylinder.
2) Open the driver’s door. Insert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
3) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
4) Push and release the driver’s door switch (1) 3 times within 20 seconds.
5) Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
6) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
7) Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (2) on the transmitter (3) for more than 5 seconds
within 20 seconds of removing the ignition key from the lock cylinder in step 6.
8) Press LOCK or UNLOCK button (2) on the transmitter (3) within 5 seconds (after step 7). All the
doors will lock/ unlock to confirm that this process has been properly done.
With this process, the transmitter has been programmed.
9) If you want to program an additional transmitter, repeat the procedure from Step 1) through Step 8).
10) Make sure that the keyless entry system properly operates by operating each transmitter.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
SOURCE: keyless reprogram
resychronizing the key works.
1. Insert key into ignition and turn to
2. Remove key and hold down lock button
while pushing unlock button five times.
3. Release all buttons, then push either lock or
!!!!!!!!!!!!!Procedure must be completed within10
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2013 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
Oct 13, 2010 | Chevrolet Colorado Cars & Trucks
Jun 06, 2010 | 1998 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Apr 24, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Oct 17, 2009 | 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Mar 22, 2009 | 2004 Lincoln LS
Jan 13, 2009 | 1995 Lincoln Town Car
4,323 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: