a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.
Check the fuse for the door locks first, then if nothing there look for a wiring diagram that shows the ground wire location and verify the ground is made. Also the driver side lock switch button could be the culprit
#07-08-52-003: Rear Liftgate Glass May Not Lock When Using Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)/Key Fob Transmitter/Door Lock Switch, Lifgtate Hatch or Liftgate Glass May Lock/Unlock When Rear Liftgate Glass Button Depressed - (Sep 13, 2007)
Subject: Rear Liftgate Glass May Not Lock When Using Remote Keyless Entry (RKE), Key Fob Transmitter or Door Lock Switch, And/Or Liftgate Hatch Or Liftgate Glass May Lock Then Unlock When Rear Liftgate Glass Button is Depressed (Reposition Lock Cylinder Wave Washer and Adjust Lock Rod)
Models: 2005-2007 Buick Rainier
2005-2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT, TrailBlazer SS
2005-2008 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL, Envoy Denali
2005-2008 Saab 9-7X
Don't Do This
Reposition liftgate lock cylinder wave washer and adjust lock rod.
DO NOT replace the liftgate latch or actuator.
Some customers may comment on one or more of the following conditions:
• The rear liftgate glass may not lock when using the remote keyless entry (RKE), key fob transmitter or door lock switch unless the lock is pressed a second time.
• The rear liftgate or glass locks, but may be unlocked when the rear liftgate lock cylinder button is depressed.
• The rear liftgate locks but the liftgate glass may not lock.
These conditions may be caused by one or all of the following:
• The rear liftgate cylinder lock rod may be out of adjustment.
• The wave washer on the liftgate lock cylinder may be out of position with the cup side down.
• Excessive movement or slack in the lock rods at the liftgate bell crank assembly.
• The liftgate lock cylinder pawl may contact the rear liftgate glass latch when the lock cylinder button is depressed.
Important: Do Not remove the rear liftgate lock cylinder from the vehicle to perform this repair.
Reposition the rear liftgate lock cylinder wave washer and adjust the lock rod using the steps below.
Verify the customer's condition.
Open the liftgate.
Remove the upper liftgate garnish molding.
Remove the rear liftgate trim panel.
Remove the cylinder lock rod from the threaded lock rod retaining clip.
Place the tip of a screwdriver blade into the opening of the C-clip and slowly rotate the screwdriver to pry out the C-clip from the shaft. Then use needle-nose pliers to remove the C-clip.
Remove the C-clip from the rear liftgate lock cylinder push button and remove the wave washer.
Install the wave washer with the cup side up.
Position the wave washer with the curved edges of the wave spring parallel to the tabs on the lock cylinder shaft.
Important: Use needle-nose pliers to slightly squeeze the C-clip back into shape. Make sure the clip seated, you should feel a snap and hear an audible click.
Install the C-clip onto the shaft and in the slot using needle nose pliers. Then rotate the pawl several times to make sure the C-clip does not rotate. If the clip rotates then the clip is not fully seated.
Position the lock cylinder pawl to the full clockwise position.
Pull up on the cylinder lock rod to remove any slack in the bell crank.
Install the cylinder lock rod into the threaded lock rod retaining clip while removing any slack from the lock rod linkage.
Close the lock rod retainer clip.
Close the liftgate assembly.
Open the liftgate glass while keeping the liftgate closed.
Use the key fob to cycle the liftgate to the lock and unlock position while inspecting the rear liftgate pawl. The lock cylinder pawl should have clearance between the latch as shown above. If the pawl is contacting the latch, readjust the cylinder lock rod.
Verify that the customer's condition has been corrected.
Synchronization When Key buttons operated repeatedly while vehicle out of range and system becomes inoperative. How Polo: Press key unlock button for approximately 1 second. Golf/Bora: Press key lock or unlock button for approximately 1 second. Manually lock or unlock vehicle. System should now lock or unlock vehicle. If not, carry out programming procedure. Programming When Key added or replaced. System malfunction. How - Polo Keys can only be programmed using diagnostic equipment. NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed. How - Golf/Bora 98MY Keys can only be programmed using diagnostic equipment. NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed. How - Golf/Bora 99MY
Switch ignition ON. Insert key to be programmed into driver's door lock. Lock vehicle manually. Press lock or unlock button. Wait at least 1 second. Press lock or unlock button again. Vehicle horn sounds to indicate correct programming. Keys can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment. NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed.
Programming When Remote control buttons operated repeatedly while vehicle out of range and system becomes inoperative. System malfunction. How Ensure ignition switched OFF and all doors closed. Proceed as follows: Within 10 seconds, open driver's door and switch ignition ON. Within 10 seconds of switching ignition ON, switch ignition OFF. Within 20 seconds of switching ignition OFF, press and release driver's door contact switch 3 times. Within 10 seconds of releasing driver's door contact switch, switch ignition ON then OFF. Within 20 seconds of switching ignition OFF, press and hold both remote control buttons in turn for at least 5 seconds. The driver's door should lock and unlock once. Within 5 seconds of driver's door locking/unlocking, press remote control lock button Fig. 1  or unlock button . Programming procedure complete. Confirm programming has been successful by locking and unlocking vehicle. NOTE: A maximum of 2 remote controls can be programmed.
My 1998 passat done the same, try remove the drivers side window/childlock control on the armrest and clean the multipoint switch as that got my drivers side door opening/closing on the fob as well as the passenger rear door unlocking and working again as it was deadbolted and would not open inside or out.