Question about 2000 Dodge Caravan
Need to program my extra keyless remote
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2016 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Oct 31, 2010 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
May 14, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Caravan
May 08, 2010 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Sep 08, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Caravan
May 13, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Apr 30, 2009 | 2000 Audi TT
Apr 29, 2009 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Nov 15, 2008 | 2002 Dodge Neon
959 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: