Question about 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Need step by step on how to replace the starter.
Verbatim from Haynes manual:
1. Disconnect the cable from the negative terminal of the battery.
2. If your working on a 2000 or earlier model, remove the air intake duct and the air cleaner assembly.
3. If your working on a 2001 or later model, detach the shift cables(s) from the transaxle.
4. Disconnect the speedometer cable from the transaxle.
5. Unscrew the nut and disconnect the battery cable from the starter motor, then disconnect the wiring from the solenoid.
6. Remove the starter motor mounting bolts, supporting the starter motor as the bolts are removed, and remove the starter motor.
7. Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighter the starter mounting bolts to 20-25 foot pounds.
Posted on Oct 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2015 | 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Nov 14, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 29, 2014 | 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS
May 21, 2010 | Hyundai Motor 2003 Elantra
May 01, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra
Mar 26, 2009 | 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Mar 17, 2009 | 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Feb 17, 2009 | 2000 Hyundai Elantra
827 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: