Question about 2006 Toyota Corolla
How do i remove the radio from the dash board, i want to install an xm radio kit
1. disconnect battery lead because of air bag sensors
2. pop off trim around shifter stick
3. remove center knob on the A/C panel. Remove phillips screw behind the knob. This is the only screw that has to come out (in addition to the 4 radio screws)
4. pull the a/c console forward. It's a tight fit but it's only held by clips. This was the most difficult part for me because I didn't want to break anything. It eventually released after pulling with constant pressure.
5. pull the air vent assembly off around the radio. This is also a tight fit, is only secured with clips. The radio face plate came off with this piece.
6. Remove 4 10mm bolts at bottom of radio. I used putty on a 10mm socket to help hold the bolt from falling down into the dashboard. Lose these bolts and you'll easily add several hours to the job trying to fish them out of the dashboard.
Hope this helps
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 06, 2013 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Dec 23, 2011 | 2006 Ford Escape
Dec 09, 2010 | 2006 Honda Odyssey
Nov 03, 2009 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 04, 2009 | 1995 Buick Century
Feb 06, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Sequoia
Jan 22, 2009 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 29, 2008 | 2002 GMC Yukon XL
Dec 04, 2008 | 1995 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!