Question about 2005 Chevrolet Colorado
Need instructions on how to replace a fuel filter
2005 Chevrolet Colorado
FILTER REPLACEMENT: May Require special Tool for Quick Disconnect Lines
CAUTION: Refer to GasolinelGasoline Vapors Caution in Cautions and
IMPORTANT: Inspect the fuel tank internally and clean the fuel tank if you find a restricted fuel filter. Refer to Fuel System Cleaning.
1. Relieve the the! system pressure. Refer to the Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure.
2. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
NOTE: Clean all of the following areas before performing any disconnections in order to avoid possible contamination in the system:
• The fuel pipe connections
• The hose connections
• The areas surrounding the connections
IMPORTANT: The quick connect retaining clips will remain with the fuel filter.
3. Disconnect the quick-connect fittings from the the! filter.
4. Cap the the! pipes in order to prevent the! loss and possible the! system contamination.
5. Pry open the locking tabs (3), only enough to slide the the! filter (2) from the the! filter bracket.
6. Drain any remaining fuel.
1. Slide the the! filter (2) into the the! filter bracket, until the locking tabs (3) are th!!y engaged.
2. Remove the caps from the the! pipes.
Connect the quick connect fittings to the fuel filter.
3. Lower the vehicle.
4. Inspect for leaks.
5. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF for 2 seconds.
1. Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds.
2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
3. Inspect for fuel leaks.
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
Hello thor74: My name is Roger and I can help. I enclosed a picture of the filter location for you. Also a explanation of what tools are needed. Please rate the quality of the information. This tracks you received the correct information you requested. Should you need further help please just ask.Thank You for using FixYa. Roger
Posted on May 05, 2009
If the fuel filter is mounted inside the fuel tank at the pump it does not need replacing and is a permanent filter. All you have to do it follow the fuel lines from the fuel tank to the engine. If the filter is mounted in the fuel line you will find it.
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
on Sep 21, 2011 | 2004 Cadillac Escalade
May 29, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Mar 21, 2011 | 1994 Mitsubishi Expo
Jan 16, 2011 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
A clean fuel filter in your Chevy means clean fuel injectors and a clean fuel pressure regulator. Replace
the fuel filter in your every 30,000 to 40,000 miles to keep
the fuel system in optimal condition. Follow the instructions provided
here to change the fuel filter on a Chevy that does not have a
flex fuel system.
Difficulty: Moderate Instructions Things You'll Need:
Dec 04, 2010 | Chevrolet Venture Cars & Trucks
Dec 10, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Aveo
Jul 29, 2008 | 1997 Toyota RAV4
401 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!