I am having trouble with my door opening / security start remote. I can not start my car properly because the remote control will not work, I have renewed the butteries and still having the same problem (Dont think it is the remote as I have 2 and both have the same problen) I can unlock the doors with the key but cannot deactivate the security warning on the dashboard, the car will start but cuts out after 10 - 15 seconds. Does anybody have any ideas or can the security cut out be deactivated to get me back on the road - Thank You
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do any doors lock/unlock with remote keyless entry ?
The doors do not lock/unlock using the remote transmitter
Remote transmitter battery.
Remote transmitter programming.
High power devices.
TV/radio transmission towers.
Vehicle security module.
Go To Pinpoint Test C .
Pinpoint Test C: The Doors Do Not Lock/Unlock Using The Remote Transmitter Normal Operation
Remote locking and unlocking of the doors is accomplished by the vehicle security module receiving a command message from the remote transmitter. The vehicle security module processes the command and sends a signal directly to the door lock actuators.
All remote transmitters must be present to begin diagnosis of the remote keyless entry (RKE) system.
Aftermarket or dealer-installed systems may adversely effect the RKE system operation. These systems should be disconnected before diagnosing any RKE concerns.
Visual Inspection Chart
Battery junction box (BJB) fuse(s):
Central junction box (CJB) fuse 20 (5A)
Keyless entry keypad
Vehicle security module
If an obvious cause for an observed or reported concern is found, correct the cause (if possible) before proceeding to the next step.
If the cause is not visually evident, connect the diagnostic tool to the vehicle to be tested from the diagnostic tool menu. If the diagnostic tool does not communicate with the vehicle:
Check that the program card is correctly installed.
Check the connections to the vehicle.
Check the ignition switch position.
If the diagnostic tool still does not communicate with the vehicle, refer to the diagnostic tool operating manual.
Carry out the diagnostic tool data link test. If the diagnostic tool responds with:
SCP+, SCP- OR UBP circuits fault; all electronic control units no response/not equipped, refer to Section 418-00 .
No response/not equipped for vehicle security module, refer to Section 418-00 .
System passed, retrieve and record the continuous diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), erase the continuous DTCs, and carry out the self-test diagnostics for the vehicle security module.
If the DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to the Vehicle Security Module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index to continue diagnostics.
If DTCs are retrieved that are not found in the following Vehicle Security Module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index, refer to the Master Vehicle Security Module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index in Section 418-00 .
If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, proceed to the Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics.
1. Start with key out of ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked. 2. Insert key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) and Pull key out. 3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Close, then open drivers door. 4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder. C. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. D. Remove the key from the ignition. 5. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors once.
6. Close and open drivers door. 7. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors. Once to confirm programming, twice to indicate programming failed. 8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for additional remotes.
Programming When Remote control added or replaced. System malfunction. How Obtain all remote controls. Remove key from ignition switch. Close all doors. Open driver's door. Carry out the following within 24 seconds: Turn ignition switch ON and back to LOCK position 3 times. Remove key. Press and release driver's door courtesy light switch 3 times. Ensure doors lock and unlock. If not, wait 40 seconds and repeat procedure starting with driver's door already open. Press each remote control lock or unlock button twice. Ensure doors lock and unlock after each remote control operation. If not, proceed as follows: Press and release driver's door courtesy light switch once. Ensure doors lock and unlock twice. Repeat procedure starting with driver's door already open. NOTE: A maximum of 3 remote controls can be programmed.
Assuming you have a second key try using that one to deactivate the alarm, if not replace battery in remote. Does lock and unlock work now? you will need to get the remote operational to disengage the security feature that will not allow car to start. if not disconnect the car battery let sit for 15 min to reset system try again..make sure bettery in remote is installed properly.