I am having trouble with my door opening / security start remote. I can not start my car properly because the remote control will not work, I have renewed the butteries and still having the same problem (Dont think it is the remote as I have 2 and both have the same problen) I can unlock the doors with the key but cannot deactivate the security warning on the dashboard, the car will start but cuts out after 10 - 15 seconds. Does anybody have any ideas or can the security cut out be deactivated to get me back on the road - Thank You
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do any doors lock/unlock with remote keyless entry ?
The doors do not lock/unlock using the remote transmitter
Remote transmitter battery.
Remote transmitter programming.
High power devices.
TV/radio transmission towers.
Vehicle security module.
Go To Pinpoint Test C .
Pinpoint Test C: The Doors Do Not Lock/Unlock Using The Remote Transmitter Normal Operation
Remote locking and unlocking of the doors is accomplished by the vehicle security module receiving a command message from the remote transmitter. The vehicle security module processes the command and sends a signal directly to the door lock actuators.
All remote transmitters must be present to begin diagnosis of the remote keyless entry (RKE) system.
Aftermarket or dealer-installed systems may adversely effect the RKE system operation. These systems should be disconnected before diagnosing any RKE concerns.
Visual Inspection Chart
Battery junction box (BJB) fuse(s):
Central junction box (CJB) fuse 20 (5A)
Keyless entry keypad
Vehicle security module
If an obvious cause for an observed or reported concern is found, correct the cause (if possible) before proceeding to the next step.
If the cause is not visually evident, connect the diagnostic tool to the vehicle to be tested from the diagnostic tool menu. If the diagnostic tool does not communicate with the vehicle:
Check that the program card is correctly installed.
Check the connections to the vehicle.
Check the ignition switch position.
If the diagnostic tool still does not communicate with the vehicle, refer to the diagnostic tool operating manual.
Carry out the diagnostic tool data link test. If the diagnostic tool responds with:
SCP+, SCP- OR UBP circuits fault; all electronic control units no response/not equipped, refer to Section 418-00 .
No response/not equipped for vehicle security module, refer to Section 418-00 .
System passed, retrieve and record the continuous diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), erase the continuous DTCs, and carry out the self-test diagnostics for the vehicle security module.
If the DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to the Vehicle Security Module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index to continue diagnostics.
If DTCs are retrieved that are not found in the following Vehicle Security Module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index, refer to the Master Vehicle Security Module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index in Section 418-00 .
If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, proceed to the Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics.
1. Start with key out of ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked. 2. Insert key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) and Pull key out. 3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Close, then open drivers door. 4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder. C. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. D. Remove the key from the ignition. 5. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors once.
6. Close and open drivers door. 7. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors. Once to confirm programming, twice to indicate programming failed. 8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for additional remotes.
ck for a fuse in the under the hood fuse box that says bsm may be blown.
Also try this.....
To reset the security system remove the negative battery cable for 30 minutes, then reconnect the cable. Next, lock and unlock the doors using the remote. This will reset the alarm system and the engine will start and fobs reset.
Here are some factory notes....FYI
NOTE: If a new Smart Entrance Control Module (SECU) is installed, a new identity code must be entered and all remote controllers must be programmed. If identity code cannot be entered, repair multi-remote system. See appropriate MULTI-REMOTE CONTROL SYSTEMS article.
PROGRAMMING > PROGRAMING NEW ID CODE
NOTE: This procedure will erase all previous identity codes and render all previously programmed remote controllers inoperative (until reprogrammed). All remote controllers to be used with system must be programmed at the same time. A maximum of 4 remote controllers can be programmed. Any attempt to program more than 4 controllers will be ignored. If same identity code is entered more than once, entry is ignored even though hazard warning lights will still flash twice.
1. Close and lock all doors. Erase original identity code(s) by inserting and completely removing key from ignition switch more than 6 times within 10 seconds. Hazard warning lights should flash twice. Turn ignition switch to ACC position.
2. Push any button on new remote controller once. Hazard warning lights should flash twice, indicating identity code has been entered. If identity code cannot be entered, repair multi-remote system. See appropriate MULTI-REMOTE CONTROL SYSTEMS article.
3. For each additional remote controller to be programmed, manually release door lock and lock again by using door panel switch and repeat step 2. If no additional remote controllers are to be used, exit programming mode by unlocking and opening driver's door.
Please let me know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed. Happy mew Year!
Assuming you have a second key try using that one to deactivate the alarm, if not replace battery in remote. Does lock and unlock work now? you will need to get the remote operational to disengage the security feature that will not allow car to start. if not disconnect the car battery let sit for 15 min to reset system try again..make sure bettery in remote is installed properly.