Re: How to remove and install starter for Corolla DX 1991
1. disarm the air bags if equipped. 2.then disconnect the negative battery terminal .3. next remove the positive battery terminal and battery. 4. remove the ignition igniter if equipped. 5. remove the air cleaner assembly. 6 disconnect the starter motor and solenoid wiring from the starter. 7 then remove the starter from the vehicle by removing the two bolts accessed by removing the air cleaner. installation is the opposite of removal.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you have to lift the car to get under, suport it on jack stands for safety, the starter has a bolt from behind the eng towards trans housing, and another from trans to starter body ,the first this is the one you need to get from under the car, is a litle tricky, you will need a long extension and a swivel 14mm socked, you have to work this bettwen axle and eng block trougth pass wheel access.(remove tire). remove bolt unplug wires froms starter, now go to drivers side and look for the second bolt, you need same tools but a shorter extension, loose bolt have some one hold starter so does not fall get it out trougth passenger side, install new starter back track steps
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section. 2. Remove or disconnect the following: Radiator upper support seal Air cleaner Engine under covers Starter wiring Starter
3. Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (37 Nm). Note that the bolts are 2 different lengths.
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section. 2. Remove or disconnect the following: Battery and tray. On models equipped with an air bag, work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery. Coolant reservoir Reservoir hose from the radiator Right side under cover Wiring clamp Wiring from the starter Starter
To install: 1. Install or connect the following: Starter Starter wiring and nut Starter connector and wire clamp Right side engine cover Radiator reservoir and hose Battery and tray
2. Check the cooling system and top off if necessary.
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section. 2. Remove or disconnect the following: Negative battery cable. On models equipped with an air bag, work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery Engine under covers Wiring from the starter terminals Starter mounting bolts Starter
To install: 1. Install or connect the following: Starter Starter wiring Engine under covers
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section. 2. Remove or disconnect the following: Negative battery cable Front engine undercover Starter wiring harness connectors Starter mounting bolts Starter motor
To install: 1. Install or connect the following: Starter motor. Tighten the bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (37 Nm). Starter wiring harness connectors Front engine undercover Negative battery cable
you need to replace the starter contacts, you will need to remove the starter and in the starter there are "contacts" that wear out over time and will need to be replaced im sure if you google it there will be better repair tips on this
The starter is located partially underneath the engeine in the center rear , right about at the midpoint of the cylanders anout 6- 12 down , its mostly hidden be the engiene itself, but you can see it by leaning over the engiene and peering down the opening, an easier way would be looking at the cap for your oil going right about 6 inches and looking down, another problem I've had with my corolla which i thought was the starter ended up being the erosion of the terimnals on the battery cables, the positive terminal is attached to a fusebox, connect by a small terminal, which can erode, you can fix that issue by rigging the battery with a piece of metal to conduct and a replament terminal on the battery.
pull the 4 plugs out on the top of the engine and get an extinsion and spark plug remover from an automotive shop all it takes is to pull it out and replace it with a new spark plug very easy and it might take 10 min. to do