1. Press in and hold the odometer reset button.
2. Turn on the ignition to the run positon - not all the way to the start positon.
3. After about 15 seconds the orange "I" light (that warns the service needed message is present) begins to flash.
4. While it is flashing release the odometer button - if you do not do it in time the light stops flashing and will not reset.
5. Then turn off the ignition.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
which service light with wrench their are two of them 01 is inside a car symbol the other is next to an oil container symbol if first on vehicle needs service its also like a check engine this one can turn on for abs-transmission-etc have vehicle scanned for a trouble code --the other is oil change or service reminder both symbols are on page 3-39 and 3-40 of your owners manual the first symbol advises to see a dealer to review the trouble code and page 5-20 explaines how to reset oil change/service light --turn key to on/run position not start and push accellarator 3x and system will reset the following link is owners manual 2004 Saturn VUE Owner Manual
Wheel bearings are in hubs and not tyres and that has nothing to do with engine service lights.. So I will try to guess what you are asking. IF you have a front wheel drive vehicle and you cannot get the hub off the drive axle it will be because the drive splines are seized in the hub ( rust) or the bearings are tight in the shaft. You may need a puller to push the axle back out of the hub to get it free of the axle . You can then remove the bearings from the hub. As to the service light problem ---complete a service as required and then reset the light using a code reader to reset the CPU.. IT may be advisable to get a workshop manual as it will explain what you want to know.
You should be able to reset the service light by turning the key to the "run" position (do not start vehicle) and then immediately push down on the gas pedal to the floor 3 consecutive times and then start the vehicle... this should reset the service reminder light. when you push the gas pedal 3 times it must be done consecutively within about 15 - 20 seconds. Hope this helps...
The light means that the maintenance interval is over and that service is required. The procedure to turns off the light is reported on the owners manual but you are strongly advised to do service at intervals prescribed by manufacturer. Service will consist in oil change, fluids change, filters and general inspection.
Here the general procedure to reset service light.
1. Turn the ignition key to the 'OFF' position with the trip meter A reading shown.
2. Turn the ignition key to the 'ON' position while holding down the trip meter 'RESET' button.
Hold down the knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates '000000' and the light goes off.
on some of the vehicles, you turn the ignition key on, but do not start the engine, then press the accelerator to the floor 3 times within 10 seconds, do this pretty fast, then turn key off, then turn key back on again , but do not start, look and see if the maintenance / service light has went out.
The service engine soon light means that you car's
computer has recognized something amiss and has recorded a 'code' in
it's memory. Any auto repair shop would be able to plug into your car's
computer, retrieve the code and tell you what it says. For a modest fee.
Not a good idea to ignore this only can be reset with ob2 scan tool parts store will pull code for free if you ask
The service light has nothing to do with the engine light. It can't be trigged by the ECM.
The service light are only trigged by one of 3 counters (time since last service, engine hours or mileage).
The service light are easy to reset if you got a YM1999-2000 car.
1. Put the ignition on to pos.1 and press down the trip reset button on the instrument cluster and keep it depressed.
2. Put the ignition on to pos.2,
3. When the service light starts to flash then release the trip reset button. Now you have reset the service reminder lamp.
You need to read out the DTC's from ECM to be able to fix the check engine light.