Okay it is actually really easy althought they wouldn't want you to think so. It took me and my husband like 3hours to figure it out. But we did and now were like duh. If you open your hood and stick you hand down the front to where you are right behind the headlight if you feel around you will find that there are like caps over the place where you should be able to get your bulbs out. what you have to do is get a small flat head screw driver and pri the cap off and take out your bulb. It sounds worse than it is i promise and the only hard part is getting your hands on the caps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It means the low beam is out on the left side of your vehicle. You will need to replace the bulb and things will be back to normal.
Changing the bulb on this vehicle is more troublesome than most vehicles.
I think on the 2006 750Li you have to actually loose the bumper a bit to get to the headlight to wiggle loose. Some of the newer BMW's are made so the bumper comes up on the bottom of the headlight assembly just enough to make the bumper have to be loosened to be able to get the headlight assembly out enough to change the bulb.
Changing the headlight bulb is a little bitdifficult for those not familiar with the vehicle. Both the high and low beamsare encased in a sealed unit, which also contains the turn signal, parkinglights, and side reflector. To change a single headlight, the entire headlightcompartment must be removed from the car. Once you understand how to remove thesealed headlight unit from the car, replacing the bulb is relatively simple.Follow the steps below on how to change the headlamp bulb in this car.
1. Open the hood of the Jeep and locate thelong, headlamp jackscrew. The screw is located almost directly above theheadlight unit and can be removed using a 7-mm socket wrench. This will allowyou to remove the bezel from the grill opening panel. Remove the three screwsattached to the retaining ring to the headlight console. The screws are locatedon the bottom front and side of the unit. In some models the screws have beenreplaced with ball-stud alignment posts, enabling you to remove the headlightunit by simply wiggling it loose.
3. Disconnect the headlamp bulb wireharness connector located at the front of the headlight unit. This is locateddirectly above and between the parking and turning bulbs.
4. Separate the sealed headlight unit fromthe vehicle; disconnect and replace the old bulb. The high beam is locatedtoward the center of the car. The low beam is the bulb on the outermost edge ofthe unit.
This is how to Install
1. Reconnect the headlamp bulb's wireharness-connector. Then Replace the headlight unit in the headlight canister. Positionthe retaining ring back in its original position and install the three screwsagain. If you wiggled the unit out, ensure that it is replaced firmly.
2. Install the headlamp bezel by replacingthe 7-mm jackscrew on the inside of the hood. Make sure all connections aretight before starting the car and inspecting the replacement.
the metal ring is the retainer for the bulb. you should be able to get at it from the front area without taking the grill loose. most of those only have 2 little phillips head screws. remove the screws and the bulb will come out. unplug it and the new one goes right back in. installation is the reverse of removal.
The same bulb in a lot of applications controls both the high and low beam. Generally the low beam portion will burn out and for a short time you will be able to use the high beam only. I can't be certain which headlight switch that you checked, but the most common solution is to replace the headlight bulb. The bulb is on the inside of the headlight lense and is accessible by opening the hood and peeling back the rubber cover that covers up all of the headlamp apparatus. Depending on the model of vehicle they are mounted in there differently. Make sure and change both at the same time. It is generally cheaper to purchase new headlight bulbs as a (2) pack and it never fails if you change one the other will burn out in a week. Hope this helps
Remove the socket cover. CAUTION: Do not touch the surface of the bulb with hands or dirty gloves as the bulb may pop after a short time. If the surface does become dirty, clean it with alcohol or thinner, and let it dry thoroughly before installing.
Release the bulb securing spring, and remove the bulb.
Replace the bulb, and connect the connector securely