Question about 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Electric pulley system for raising and lowering the window - what is the schematic on that shows how the window operates? I need to repair ours.
Usually they just come off track and need cleaning and re lube with White lithium grease.
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2011 | 2004 Nissan Altima
Fig. View of inner door frame and window regulator assembly
Fig. Installing the door glass regulator
NOTE The illustration shows the removal and installation of the window regulator motor/assembly carrier with the window regulator on the rear doors. The procedure for removing and installing on the front doors is the same.
Fig. Slide a hammer shaft between the window guide and the
assembly carrier until the end of the hammer shaft presses against the
assembly carrier. Remove the screws and take off the window regulator
Fig. Unfasten the bolts (1) and remove window regulator
Fig. By removing window regulator motor, gearing shifts, it is not centered
Fig. For replacement part carrier assemblies, the gearing is secured in place with a cable tie (1)
Dec 14, 2010 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Mar 06, 2010 | 1996 Geo Metro
Feb 24, 2010 | 2002 Honda Accord
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Drain the cooling system. For additional information.
3. Remove the accessory drive belt.
4. Raise and support the vehicle.
5. Disconnect lower radiator hose from the water pump lower tube.
6. Remove the engine mount nuts.
Lower the vehicle.
7. Remove the cowl extension panel. (Thats theone with the wiper arms go through).
8. Disconnect the water bypass hose and the heater hose from the water pump outlet tube.
9. Remove the water pump outlet tube bolt and position the tube assembly out of the way.
10. Install the lifting eye to the exhaust manifold.
11. Attach engine lifting equipment and raise the engine 127 mm (5 inches).
12. Remove the bolt and the accessory belt idler pulley.
13. Remove the bolts and the generator support bracket.
14. Remove the four bolts and the water pump pulley.
15. Remove the water pump. Remove the five nuts. Remove the five studs.
Remove the four bolts. Remove the water pump, lower tube and gasket as an assembly.
Feb 22, 2010 | 2002 Ford Windstar Cargo
Jul 09, 2009 | 1995 Ford Thunderbird
May 12, 2009 | 1998 Ford Taurus
May 11, 2009 | Cadillac Eldorado Cars & Trucks
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!