I just bought a 2007 chevy malibu and the dealer gave me a keyless entry controler with the door lock and unlock, trunk opener and alarm buttons on it. is there any way i can program this or do i have to take it to a dealer??
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
Re: programing keyless entry
If you have an owners manual the programming instructions are in there. If no manual here they are:
1. Turn the ignition off. 2. Ground the receiver program terminal. Jump the two terminals located in the programing ground connector. (What this means in simple terms is locate the wires that run on the right side of the trunk. There is two black wires that has a plug on the end with two prongs. It is in between the antenna and tail lights.) 3. Within 2 seconds of connecting the prongs the door locks will lock. The unlock and the rear compartment lid release will produce a cycle, causing the horn to chirp. This indicates that the module is ready for reprogramming. 4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the doors lock and unlock. The rear compartment lid will release and the horn sounds to indicate that the transmitter has successfully been reprogrammed. (Hold buttons down for approximately 12 seconds) 5. Repeat the previous step for the remaining transmitters. 6. Remove the jumper at the program connector. 7. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Programming Electronic Door Lock Control System
NOTE: The electronic door lock control processor (14B001) erases all
previous keyless entry remote transmitter (15K601) from memory when the keyless
entry remote transmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The electronic door
lock control processor can store up to four keyless entry remote transmitters in
To program (or reprogram) keyless entry remote transmitter into the
electronic door lock control processor, perform the following steps:
Turn ignition switch to the RUN position and momentarily short the two
terminals of the program connector taped to the wire assembly and located behind
the glove compartment. All doors should lock and then unlock. Remove shorting
Press any button on keyless entry remote transmitter. All doors should lock
and then unlock to verify the keyless entry remote transmitter has been
programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times
maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter).
Repeat the above step to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters
into the electronic door lock control processor (up to four keyless entry remote
Turn ignition switch OFF. All doors should lock and then unlock.
KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM
With the keyless entry keypad, you can:
• lock or unlock the vehicle doors
without using the key.
Your vehicle has a factory set 5 digit
code that operates the keyless entry
system. You can also program your
own 5 digit personal entry code. The factory-set code is located:
• on the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment
• or at your dealer.
When pressing the controls on the keyless entry keypad, press the
middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.
This system will disable the power door lock controls. These will not
work until the vehicle is disarmed.
Programming your own personal entry code
To program your own code:
5. Enter factory set code (keypad will illuminate when pressed).
6. Press 1/2 control within five seconds of step 1.
7. Enter your personal 5 digit code.
Enter each digit within five seconds
of previous one.
8. After the code is entered, the
locks will cycle, confirming that the
new code has been set.
Do not set a code that includes five of the same number or presents
them in sequential order. Thieves can easily figure out these types of
Your personal code does not replace the permanent code that the
dealership gave you. You can use either code to unlock your vehicle. If a
second personal code is entered, the module will erase the first personal
code in favor of the new code.
Locks and Security
Locks and Security
If you wish to erase your personal code, use the following instructions:
1. Enter factory set code.
2. Press 1/2 control and release.
The system will now only respond
to the factory set code.
The anti-scan feature prevents
repeated attempts at arriving at a valid key code.
The keyless entry pad is disabled for 1 minute after 7 unsuccessful
attempts (35 consecutive button presses) at entering a valid key code.
The keypad will flash during this 1 minute mode. However, the 7/8 and
9/0 controls will still lock the vehicle.
Anti-scan will be turned off after:
• one minute of keypad inactivity.
• the remote entry transmitter UNLOCK button is pressed.
• the ignition is turned to the ON position.
Unlocking the doors with the keyless entry system
To unlock the driver door, enter either the factory set code or the
personal code (each digit must be pressed within five seconds of the
prior digit). The interior lamps will also illuminate.
To unlock all doors, enter the factory set code or personal code (driver
door unlocks) and press the 3/4 control within five seconds.
Locking the doors with thekeyless entry system
It is not necessary to enter the
factory or personal code prior to
locking all doors. To lock the doors:
• with the driver's door closed, press the 7/8 control and the 9/0 control
at the same time.
1.Make sure ignition is in the OFF position. 2.Locate the Programming Connector in the trunk (center of rear shelf). It is a plastic connector with two wires leading up to it. The connector is not plugged into anything. You may have to pull back trim to access the connector. 3.The programming connector should have two terminals. Connect both terminals with a suitable jumper wire. The Keyless Entry Module will lock then unlock all the door lock motors once. Make sure the terminals remain connected throughout the programming procedure. 4.Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for at least 15 seconds or until the vehicle automatically locks and unlocks the door locks. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased. 5.Repeat the previous step for each transmitter to be programmed. Do not remove jumper wire in between programming of transmitters. 6.Remove the jumper wire from the Keyless Programming Connector.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position until step 8.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder) Leave key in the ignition cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless remote and hold unitl the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the keyless remote has been successfully programmed. This may take approximately 15 seconds.
10. Perform the previous step (9) to program up to four keyless remotesm, including any old ones.
11. Remove the ignition key to exit Program Mode.
Thanks for using Fixya - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Close all the vehicle doors. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch. While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one keyless remote. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds , the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation
Instructions to program a keyless entry remote for a Chevy Silverado. They also work on 2003, 2004 and 2006 Suburbans.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch.
While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one keyless remote. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation
System will automatically lock all doors when vehicle is driven in excess of 15 mph Pressing UNLOCK (on remote) once deactivates system and unlocks driver door only Pressing UNLOCK (on remote) twice w/in 5 seconds deactivates system and unlocks all doors Alarm/central locking functions can be altered using remote transmitter
Access data link connector (DLC)- druvers sude fascia Switch ignition on Jump DLC terminal 1 and ground Ensure doors lock and unlock, indicating programming mode active Press any button of each remote to be programmed Ensure doors lock and unlock after each remote operation - indicating programming complete Remove jump lead to exit programmming code