a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have the codes read Rob. I work on diesels. But don't like them. Mostly gas. If is old(80's), I would say to look to fuel And fuel related. If it 2010+ To many things can do this. Could be a bad wire to the IPR solenoid(20 cent fix) or a bad injector pump(2000 dollar fix)
When installing a new fuel pump on a ud truck 1400 1994 desiel.......
When installing a new fuel pump on a ud truck 1400 1994 desiel....... how do you set the timing, i can't find a mark on the pump.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Share this conversation
sascityks.64x64.jpg">Tkman55 , Mechanic
125 Satisfied Customers
Expert: tkman55replied 3 years ago.
Let me see if I can help you with your problem. Please don't rate me until all your questions are answered, that way you will not have to pay twice. Always use "Reply To Expert" link. Thanks.
If you are new to the site this is how it works:
1. We will go back and forth as needed until you get the help you need, there will be no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible information without actually being physically present with you.
3. Remember to leave a positive rating after we are finished.
INJECTION PUMP Removal
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove injection tubes from nozzles and plug nozzles. Remove fuel cut solenoid wire and accelerator wire. Disconnect fuel inlet hose, overflow hose and fuel return hose. Remove injection pump drive gear cover. Mark injection pump shaft and gear for proper alignment during reassembly.
2. Loosen injection pump drive gear nut and remove gear. Remove injection pump bolts and nuts. Remove injection pump with injection tubes attached.
Disassembly & Inspection
For disassembly, inspection and reassembly procedures for injection pump or injectors, see DISASSEMBLY & REASSEMBLY in Fuel System article.
1. Turn engine until No. 1 piston is at TDC on compression stroke. Install injection pump assembly. Install injection pump gear so that flange is aligned with mark on front cover. See Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. . Install gear nut and tighten to 43-51 Ft. Lbs. (59-69 N.m). Tighten injection pump fixing bolts. See INJECTION PUMP MOUNTING TORQUE table. Tighten injection pump to mounting bracket bolts.
2. Install injection pump gear cover with new gasket. Connect fuel inlet hose, overflow hose and fuel return hose. Connect fuel cut solenoid wire and accelerator wire. Connect injection tubes to nozzles. Tighten tube flare nuts to 14-18 Ft. Lbs. (20-25 N.m).
the truck has to have the basics . Spark fuel and compression in that order. Remove a plug wire from a plug either remove the plug or install a different one in the end on the wire and crank the engine with the plug laying on engine ground in good view and see if there's spark. Being you did'nt mention what motor is in the truck, desiel. 10 cylinder gas 8 cylinder gas 6 cylinder gas 4 cylinder gas I can only guess at what kind of engine were working on. The gas engines have spark plugs as the desiel has glow plug heating system and direct fuel injection. Silveradoo is a trim level and theres 1/2 ton 3/4 ton 1 ton and 1 1/2 ton versions. They all have fuel pumps and if they have more than on tank or a desiel they can have more than one. The gas engine v8 has troble with the ingtion and the module is the most likly for the cause of no spark but the mileage wasn't stated so I have no idea where to start. if it still is'nt getting fuel with the new fuel pump it's still possible that is'nt running or if it is its wired backwards and is pumping backwards. If the fuel pressure checks OK (above 50 lbs. that part shold work. Below 45 lbs they might run but they won't start. Compression has to be good 100 lbs or more on any engine. most chevy engines are much more in good shape.150 or even as much as 220. low compression and it was running OK the last time it ran sort of says the timing chain skipped as the compression normally does'nt go away quickly. The exception to this is overheating and racecar type blowups. some engines after overheating will have little or no compression and if started with added fuel and revved up they can unstick rings and or valves. and go back to normal. the reason for the overheating needs to be found as this happens again the motor might not come back to life.
Sounds like you have a small bit of dirt or grit in the fuel system when accelerating it is drawn with enough force to cut off the fuel supply then is released when engine at Idle. 1 run liquid fuel line/injector cleaner in 1 tank 2 check fuel lines for debris 3 change fuel filters 4 have fuel tank flushed here is trouble shooting order less expense to greater.
BEST SOLUTION: Take/Tow your vehicle to an authorized Hyundai dealership and pay the diagnostic fee... they will tell you exactly what the problem is and the cost of parts/labor to fix it... at least this way you'll know what the problem is and what's required to fix it.
Have you throttle control checked, also change your fuel filters you may have debris in your fuel tank and lies that is disrupting the fuel delivery to your engine. Possibly did not show up on test drive if not driven by you as different drivers, Drive differently.
SCAN YOUR CAR. HERE IS WHAT YOU DO. WITHOUT STARTING THE CAR, TURN THE KEY ON,OFF,ON,OFF,ON. WAIT SEVERAL SECONDS AND COUNT HOW MANY TIMES THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FLASHES.IT WILL GIVE YOU A 2 DIGIT CODE, AND IT WILL NEVER BE MORE THAN 7 FLASHES IN A ROW. RE. IF YHE LIGHT FLASHES ONCE PAUSE THEN TWICE THAT CODE IS 12. A CODE OF 5 5 MEANS THE SYSTEM IS FINISHED DIAGNOSING. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR CODES. GOOD LUCK.