- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Take your remote and hold it up towards your rear view mirror or your visor whitchever is the one with 3 buttons of your homelink , also make shure that your opener has a program button which come in different colors depending on the year of the machine, if you have a program button on your powerhead of your garage door opener then you can mostlikely program your car to it! The button on garage door opener comes in different colors such as yellow,green ,orange, black, grey and black ! make shure your opener has one of these buttons! Now take your remote and point it within a few inches of your visor/rearview mirror and hold the button down that oppens that door....now press the first button on your car mirror/visor until the door opens up , it take sometimes a few trys but remember to leave your car running while doing this and have it outside the front of your garage door while doing this!
Thanks filter4991; 1. Press and hold button on car's rearview mirror 2. Press and hold button on garage door opener's remote control. 3. Light on Rearview mirror will flash rapidly. 4. Release both buttons. 5. Locate learning button on garage door opener (generally this can be found by tracing the antennae to where it is attached to the unit.) 6. Press and release "Learning button" 7. Press and release rearview mirror button repeatedly until garage door opens/closes but it should work the first or second time.
Push and hold the two outer buttons until the LED flashes fast Approx (15 seconds) then hold your garage opener
up to the mirror or visor and push and hold any button 3 or 4 seconds
on the opener Now the Home Link is programed. With the car safely away
from the closing garage door find and push the garage openers
red programming button (on the motor assembly somewhere that gives you
about 30 seconds to push your cars home link button so the garage opener
learns the button you want to use for that door the other two buttons
can be programed for other doors or house light controler gate opener in
the same manner
There was a minor change for mine to work.. see below..
- you must park your Prius close to the gate opener, leaving it running (obviously not in the way of the gate closing) - Hold the button the the mirror and then push your garage door remote button and hold until the light on the mirror starts to flasyh fast. THIS programs the button on the mirror, but not the garage opener - yet (this was key for me) - locate the "learning button" on the opener itself - press the "learning button" on your gate opener and then get back into the Prius within 30 seconds (more time than it sounds) and press the SAME Homelink button you just programmed above. I don't recall how long I held the pre-programmed button, but the light will flash as I recall. - Then, when working the garage door, you may need to hold the mirror button for a good second for it to work - but I had tried for months to get mine to work, and finally after reading many posts, the above sequence worked on my 2008 Prius with my Lift Master, Security + rolling codes garage opener.
Just - program the button on the mirror with your remote FIRST.. the garage opener will not work.. then use the Learn button on the garage opener and the SAME BUTTON you just programmed.. and it worked great for me. Not programming the mirror button first will not work. Using only the Learn button will not work. You must program the mirror first with the remote, then use the learn button and the SAME button on the mirror. Hope this helps.
Scott 2008 Prius with Lift Master Security + opener. -
1. Press and hold the two outside garage opener buttons located on rear view mirror until the red LED light blinks (could be 20 sec.)
2. Press and hold the middle button on the rear view mirror while holding a garage door remote 1-3 inches away from the mirror and pressing the remote button. Do this until the blinking LED gets noticeably faster.
3. Once programmed - use the garage door opener on the mirror thru 3 cycles or more to verify.
Most openers are programmed the same. You normally program the house garage opener to accept the new remote. Your garage opener will have a button to press to add in a new remote. Normally you press this and then press the remote in the car and hold until your lights on your opener flash or the garage door closes. (check your manual on your garage door opener)