I just replaced all four of the fuel injectors myself (#1 was not working)
Before putting the fuel rail back on the engine, I verified allinjectors were working ( observed sprey) . After I reassembled everything the car ran smooth and drove it a few miles at 50 - 55 mph and it ran great.
A few days later I drove it on the highway 65mph for approx 15 miles and started running rough again. A mechanic looked at it and told me the #2 was not working.
How do I check if it is the injector or not getting a signal?
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
o ring may not have been replaced or when reinstalling it was mis alined, they can be tricky. put o ring on injector. install in fuel rail first put grease on o rings push up and turn at same time. set rail and injector into manfold be sure to put something between manfold and rail to keep it in line with hole ,tap each injector one time to set o ring in hole once all are started tap on down. if any are not a lined when starting it can cut o ring again. it helps to move injector side to side while seating them. good luck
ok now before you start disconnect the negative battery cable then relieve the fuel pressure by opening the gas cap, then remove the valve cover, then the throttle body, remove the two clamps then disconnect the wire harness from the intake manifold, then the four injectors connectors from the injectors,then remove the engine wire protector from the right side of the intake manifold,remove the EGR valve and the EGR valve pipe,remove the top fitting on the fuel filter and remove the fuel line from the fuel filter,move the brake booster vacuum hose from the intake manifold disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail,remove the fuel rail bolts, then remove the fuel injectors from the fuel rail,and when replacing the injectors always put new seals because the get hard and may not seal properly
old post but see it asked many times.
assemble the rail first, its 1 piece so must be ready first.
3.7L Engine (FSM) RTM?
(1) If fuel injectors are to be installed, refer to Fuel
(2) Clean out fuel injector machined bores in
(3) Apply a small amount of engine oil to each fuel
injector o-ring. This will help in fuel rail installation.
(4) Position fuel rail/fuel injector assembly to
machined injector openings in cylinder head.
(5) Guide each injector into cylinder head. Be careful
not to tear injector o-rings.
(6) Push right side of fuel rail down until fuel
injectors have bottomed on cylinder head shoulder.
Push left fuel rail down until injectors have bottomed
on cylinder head shoulder.
(7) Install 4 fuel rail mounting bolts and tighten.
Refer to torque specifications.
(8) Install 6 ignition coils. Refer to Ignition Coil
(9) Connect electrical connectors to throttle body.
(10) Connect electrical connectors at all fuel injectors.
To install connector, refer to (Fig. 37). Push connector
onto injector (1) and then push and lock red
colored slider (2). Verify connector is locked to injector
by lightly tugging on connector.
(11) Connect necessary vacuum lines to throttle
(12) Connect fuel line latch clip and fuel line to
fuel rail. Refer to Quick-Connect Fittings.
(13) Install air box to throttle body.
(14) Install air duct to air box.
(15) Connect battery cable to battery.
(16) Start engine and check for leaks.
i would check the wiring to tthe injectors first see if there is power getting to injectors then i would look at replacing them are they individual injectors or a rail type i think they are rail type if so the wiring or injector goosed as the fuel runs along the rail and the injector opens when the signal gets to it if you get what i mean hope this makes sence and helps ivan
Assuming the injectors are already installed in the fuel rail, put a little fuel on the injector seals, position the injector rail in front of the holes in the head. Start from one end of the rail and work the first injector into its hole a little bit, but not all the way. then do the same for the second and third. Work them in a little at a time so the injectors dont come loose from the fuel rail. Once you get all injectors completely into the holes, rotate each of them back and forth until the injector turns smoothly when you rotate it. Once an injector rotates smoothly its seated correctly. But only rotate them a small amount back and forth. If the injectors are removed from the fuel rail, do it the same way. Just install them in the fuel rail first, then install the rail/injectors into the cylinder head.
disconnect the battery depressurize the fuel rail from the test port schrader valve unplug the injector clips one at a time marking them from front of engine # 1 - # 6 at rear of engine unbolt the fuel rail from the intake gently wiggle the fuel rail while pulling it up the injectors will stay in the fuel rail undo the clips on the rail holding the injectors to it changing them all greasing the o-rings on top and bottom of injectors install the fuel rail and injectors back on engine plug them in reconnect battery cycle key on and off a few times bleed air out of fuel rail and your done this is for the 4.0 engine as you did not specify what you have . the v8 engine is similar hope this helps
The procedure to replace the fuel injector in Buick Lesabre Is as follows:--
1) you will require a ordinary flat screwdriver, a needle nose pliers, a 10 mm socket, 6" extension and 1/4" ratchet. 2) First of all take the engine cover out then pinch the fuel rail connecting fittings at the base and lift off the two hoses. Note:-- Do this when your engine is cold.3) Then bleed off the pressure in the fuel rail first. Take care you don't damage the fuel rail while bleeding the fuel pressure because a new one will cost over $ 200. 4) Loosen and remove the four nuts holding down the fuel rail. Disconnect all six electrical connectors to each injector. 5) Carefully lift up the fuel rail. Pry off the clip holding the top of the injector to the fuel rail. Pull the injector out of the fuel rail and then out of the intake manifold. 6) Install the new injectors and replace top and bottom o-rings. Reassemble and check for any fuel leaks.Thanks.
Actually not that hard, but it does require some tools. Normally you will find the fuel rail fastened down in some manner on top of the fuel injectors along that side of the engine. First step is to find the relief valve (looks like a tire valve), be warned that fuel will be under some pressure when you push this valve, do not do this on a hot or warm engine and put a rag around the valve to catch excess fuel.
Remove the fuel rail, then carefully unplug the wiring connector on the # 1 cylinder fuel injector. The injector should come out with a good firm tug, make sure that any O-ring has not been left inside the injector seating area. Place a single drop of oil on the new injector's O-ring and push it into place. Replace the electrical connector, then the fuel rail. Turn on the ignition, but do not start yet - check for any fuel leaks. If none, then start the engine and you should be good to go.
Hi there, My son is a single Dad also and I understand. Believe it or not everything you asked is explained in the manual. I taught my sons to read about the job before you start.
Best thing to do is buy a Haynes or Clinton's repair shop manual at your local AP store for your particular vehicle. Then read up on it in the trouble shooting section or the step by step RR section. It will explain to you if you have one or six injectors. Best way to go about this job. You can purchase these at your local Auto Parts store or buy them on line at ebay burdfrenzy. Good luck.