Question about 1988 Toyota Camry
I have a 1988 toyota camry and the rear lights have stopped working. the brakes lights and reverse lights work fine, but not the regular back lights. I've checked the fuses and the bulbs, neither of which seem to be the problem. Any ideas?
Look at the wiring harness that runs along the hinge on the trunk lid, driver side. Camrys with lights on the trunk lid are know to break one of these wires.
Posted on Sep 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2015 | 1998 Toyota Camry
Mar 31, 2014 | 1988 Toyota Camry
Feb 10, 2014 | 2002 Toyota Camry
Nov 30, 2012 | 2003 Toyota Camry
Aug 25, 2011 | 1993 Toyota Camry V6
Welcome to FIxYa.com
There is a brake light switch located at the brake pedal (under dash) See figure
1. Remove brake pedal tension spring. 2. Disconnect switch wire connector. 3. Remove switch mounting nut, then slide switch from
mounting bracket. 4. Reverse procedure to install.
1. Remove brake pedal tension spring.
2. Disconnect switch wire connector.
3. Remove switch mounting nut, then slide switch from
4. Reverse procedure to install.
Thank you for using FixYa.com
Regards, Lee Davidian
Nov 05, 2010 | 1988 Toyota Camry
Oct 14, 2010 | 1988 Toyota Camry
Mar 15, 2010 | 1987 Toyota Camry
Sep 16, 2008 | 1988 Toyota Camry
438 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: