Question about 1992 Cadillac DeVille
I got my 86 Fleetwood giving me like NO heat. At -40 this is beginning to bug me. My question is where does the heater core come out from, the dash or the firewall? I am sure this is the problem as when I start the car the windows are icing up on the inside till the car warms. Any suggestions as to anything else that will cause this would be appreciated. This is a 4.1. heater core replacement
First locate the hoses on the firewall that go to the heater core. lucky scenerio is that there is an a panel you can remove to take out the heater core.. you will see it.... second option is that the venting is split and either held on by clips or screws.... remove them... pull down the half of the vent housing and pull it out that way.... worst case scenario... mostly with ford products is that you have to remove the dash to change it....
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2015 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Nov 30, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 19, 2011 | 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood
1. Disconnect electric-al connectors at blower motor,
compressor cycling switch, power
module and radio lead-in connections.
2. Remove righthand windshield washer nozzle.
3. Remove righthand secondary air inlet screen from plenum.
4. Partially remove rubber molding above plenum.
5. Remove remaining screws and the primary inlet screen.
6. Remove blower motor.
7. Remove two screws securing compressor cycling switch to
module and position
switch out of way.
8. Remove AC module cover attaching screws and the cover.
9. Disconnect heater hoses at heater core.
10. Remove screw and retainer holding heater core to frame
11. With temperature door in max. hot position, reach
through temperature housing and
push lower forward comer of heater core away from housing,
then rotate core
parallel to housing.
12. Remove heater core.
13. Reverse procedure to install.
Dec 23, 2010 | 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood
Nov 28, 2010 | 2002 Nissan Xterra
Nov 21, 2010 | 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood
Jan 16, 2010 | 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood
Oct 26, 2009 | 1999 GMC Sierra
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: