Question about 2006 Pontiac G5
My car did the same thing and is a problem with this model. I took mine back to the dealership and they replaced the gear shift at no charge.
Posted on Oct 11, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2016 | 2006 Pontiac G6
Jan 15, 2013 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Oct 09, 2012 | 2006 Pontiac G5
Feb 04, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert key into the ignition cylinder but do not turn it.
3. Press and hold the Unlock button on door lock switch on drivers door.
Hold until instructed to release.
4. Remove key from ignition and then insert key into ignition without turning ignition cylinder and remove key.
5. Insert key in ignition a third time and leave key in ignition. Do Not turn ignition.
6. Release door lock switch on drivers door panel.
A Chime will sound 3 times indicating that you are in programming mode.
7. Press both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote up to 30 seconds.
A chime will sound 2 times if remote has programmed successful.
8. Repeat step 6 if you are programming additional remotes.
9. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode.
NOTE: If you are having trouble getting this procedure to work, we have found that some vehicles need step 3 to be done before step 2
Aug 02, 2011 | Pontiac Aztek Cars & Trucks
Dec 13, 2010 | 2006 Pontiac G5
Aug 05, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt
Sep 25, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jan 26, 2009 | 2008 Pontiac G5
757 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: