Question about 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab
When i turn the truck on, i can't shift out of Park. but when i turn the key half way and then shift into neutral, the truck will start. i can then put the truck in drive.
On fords theres a switch behind the brake pedal which allows you to shift from park simple to replace.
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 12, 2012 | 2002 Ford Thunderbird
Jun 02, 2012 | Ford Thunderbird Cars & Trucks
Aug 05, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jun 04, 2011 | Mercury Cougar Cars & Trucks
Welcome to FixYa.com
1. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose assembly.
2. Remove center dash trim panel.
3. Remove center console cup holder assembly.
4. Remove floor console assembly.
5. Remove console side panels.
6. Remove Transmission Control Module ftMJ bracket.
1. Remove TCM.
8. Remove shifter cable from transaxle operating lever by removing nut and clip.
9. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever assembly by removing clip.
10. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever mechanism.
11. Remove cable from firewall grommet by removing grommet assembly nuts.
12. Remove gearshift cable from vehicle.
Lift and rotate the gearshift hand lever into the park (F9 gate position and remove the ignition
key. This confirms the shift lever is in the gated park (F9 position.
After confirming the park gate position. turn the ignition switch . If the starter will operate. the
park gate position is correct. Move the shift lever into the neutral (NJ position. If the starter
will operate in this position, the linkage is properly adjusted. If the starter fails to operate in
either position, linkage adjustment is required.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in park (F9 gate position and remove key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle operating lever.
4. Pull the transaxle operating lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park lock. Reset the park
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 Nm (10 inch Ibs.J. Gearshift cable should now be
1. Check adjustment by usinq the precedinq procedure.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
Jan 31, 2011 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring
May 15, 2010 | 2000 Honda Accord
Jan 29, 2010 | 2002 Jaguar S-Type
May 08, 2009 | 2002 Ford Escape
Oct 04, 2014 | 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab
576 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: