I have a 98 hx, mileage about 180000. My problem is that while driving it will lag in power a random times. It happens ussually in 4th or 5th gear and I am usually between 2500 and 3500 rpm's I thing.
I have replaced the spark plugs and wire recently as well as the fuel filter.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Probably a lamp. You can test the connector with a volt meter. If it has power then replace the lamp. If you just put in a lamp make sure you didnt bend the lamps prong over, it happens more than you think.
I have a 1998 Civic HX 2DR as well and mine also takes a moment to engage when you press the gas. I don't know if this is normal or not? I just bought the car and I need to replace the trans fluid only because I don’t know if there is Honda oil or another brand in it. The CVT transmissions only can use Honda's CVT oil. There is a recommend alternative oil but based on the manual it’s only for temporary use until you can replace it with the Honda oil otherwise it will cause damage to the transmission over time.
1. open your hood and unscrew 3 screws ( some have plastic catchers).
2. there is another bolt above your front tyre, you have to unbolt that..(right above the tire, by your mudguard or whatever they call that plastic piece to stop mud or water to get in contact with wires on the door.)
3. same on the other size...
4. you are good to go then...good luck..