- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Toyota 4 Runner has either auto transmission or manual transmission. If it is auto trans, it could be due to the following reasons:
1.Wrong grading and classification of transmission oil. (ATF Dexron II).
2. Clogged transmission filter. (Clean or replace)
3. Worn out clutch friction discs and pressure plates. (replace)
4. Broken fly wheel and/or torque converter. (replace)
5. Check transmission control knobs and switches for if they are at their actual position where they are supposed to be.
well the fast idle is most likely caused by a leaking upper intake runner base gasket, this high idle may be related to the trans no engaging, fix the idle problem by remove the upper intake runners and installing a new base gasket and keep your fingers crossed