Question about 1999 Mazda 626
Changed my fan and altinator belts yesterday drove 10 miles and they snapped again. previous ones snapped 2 .
1. check they are not too tight. you should be able to push finger into longest free length of belt by about 1 cm.
2. check belt is not too loose as can overheat and break off.
3. check no grease or oil on belt pulleys. belt can slip and overheat and break
4. turn on engine when you install belt check to see that all pulleys attached to the belt turns. if one of the pulleys is seized and wont' turn properly, can overheat belt.
5. check pulley surface for cracks. must be smooth.
6. finally are your belts the correct width?
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 07, 2017 | 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited Sedan
Jul 22, 2011 | 2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited Sedan
Mar 18, 2017 | 2007 Volvo S60 T5 Sedan
Apr 24, 2010 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Jan 18, 2010 | 2002 Buick LeSabre
Apr 22, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Jun 11, 2008 | 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: