Question about 2000 Chevrolet S-10
I had the same problem with my 1999 Sonoma. try this:
(You must be in your truck with a cell phone handy)
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction in your Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
Hope it helps.
Posted on Sep 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 29, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe
Apr 13, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet S-10
Mar 14, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Jun 02, 2009 | 2000 Mitsubishi Galant
Mar 13, 2009 | 1991 Volvo 940
Oct 28, 2008 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
Sep 10, 2008 | Chevrolet S 10 Cars & Trucks
525 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!