Car started fine, went to Home Depot. When I went out the car started, than died. Tried to start again, would not start. It turns over great, just will not start. Auto Club tried, checked everything, towed t home. Is there a typical problem like this with these vehicles. This is a Tow Car for my Motor Home, doesn't get drive much.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the engine (there are more than one engine) has a distributor. "have spark at coil down to dizzy but no spark at plugs" this can mean only 2 things. 1: spark wires are dead. all 4, kinda hard to believe huh? 2: the dizzy is way off time. so time the dizzy and now spark lands on each wire term. if not a dizzy engine, post exact version of engine and country.
Assuming you were parked on some sort of hill, the jolt was the car moving and applying pressure to the park gear in the transaxle which is normal. There is a neutral safety switch on the transaxle to prevent you from cranking the car in drive or reverse. Something may have happened to that switch when the transaxle moved. When you turn the key to on and do not crank the engine, the check engine light stays on until the engine starts. I would have someone check for voltage at the starter and at that neutral safety switch.
Take it back to where you got it and make them refund your purchase price. If they refuse and you finianced it go to them, There a law called "The Lemon Law" that makes it unlawful to sell something like that. Sounds like you sure bought one. Don't do anything to it just get hold of the place where you bought it and tell them to come get their junk out of your yard!
Sounds like fuel vapor lock. When fuel is heated, it will change from liquid to gas.... gas bubbles don't feed very well through injectors or throttle bodies. Inspect your metal fuel lines under the hood, most likely. See if a metal hose is touching the engine, especially the near or on the exhaust manifold. You might want to insulate the fuel lines (Lowe's or Home Depot $4) with pipe insulation.
Some cars cut off as a fail safe to overheating especially on newer cars. The computer controls the fans and if they are not working the computer is probably telling the car to shut off. Have you replaced the motors already, if not, this is what's happening. Once you replace the motors it should run fine. I wouldn't suggest driving it too much with this problem as it may affect the computer by giving it false info.