Question about 1997 Buick LeSabre
The car is missing or chugging at lower speeds and between 70 and 85 km as it seems to be changing levels in gears. Third gear to drive, it does not do this all the time. It is a consistant chugging as it does at the same rate whenever it happens. If you let off the accellerator or give it more gas it will go away. This also does not do this all the time.
If it's throwing a code, have it scanned. Sounds like the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF) or the Throttle positioning sensor, (TPS) Could aslo be a dirty O2 sensor. Scanning will tell.
Posted on Oct 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Aug 03, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 10, 2011 | Ford Ranger Cars & Trucks
Aug 15, 2010 | 2002 Saturn VUE
Aug 21, 2009 | 1995 Eagle Summit
May 02, 2009 | 1988 Hyundai Excel 4 Door Hatchback
Apr 08, 2009 | 2002 Kia Sedona
407 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: