Question about 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

1 Answer

Transmission to change the transmission can i just unbolt and drop like older vehicles or do i have to pull the motor

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 2,920 Answers

Ublot like older vehicles because your vehicle is rear wheel drive. the only time you should have to lift the motor is when it is front wheel drive

Posted on Sep 06, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What tools will I need to change my transmission out with a new one

It is not a DIY job and you would need the vehicle up on a hoist/lift to remove the transmission and a mobile cradle to drop it onto once unbolted from the drive train and the electronics disconnected.

It is not a task for the inexperienced without the necessary equipment so leave it to the professionals.

In your question you have not bothered to identify the year and model of vehicle either.

Apr 24, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

2002 chevy cavalier transmission how to take it out

you have to support the engine with an engine brace, drop the sub frame after all things connected to it are disconnected, then pull the drive axles, unbolt anything connected to the trans mission like lines, starter motor, unbolt flywheel to torque converter bolts and then transmission to engine bolts, then pull transmission from motor and drop out of car. go to the library and get a repair book on your car it will show you what has to be done then you can decide if this is a job you can handle.

Jul 28, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I want to change the starter on a 1997 gmc jimmy

I don't want to discourage you, however; your particular vehicle takes a lot of patience to change the starter. At first observation it would appear to be a relatively simple procedure.

Most often times, the passenger's side motor mount has to be unbolted, and that side of the engine lifted, or the exhaust dropped.

The starter unbolts easily enough, and with a little twisting the wires can be removed. But getting the starter to drop down is like playing tetris in the dark.

Apr 05, 2010 | 1997 GMC Jimmy

1 Answer

I'm repairing the oil pan but I can not remove it, how do I remove the transmission

Before you remove the transmission and not knowing the condition of your oilpan, I might be able to save you some trouble.
If you have a few leaks in the metal of the oilpan, JB Weld can be used without replacing a pan. If you have a stripped drain hole, there are oversized plugs and rubber expansion plugs for that problem.

Sometimes you need to turn the crankshaft to clear the rods. And you can clear the frame and the oilpump with the oilpan by loosening the motor mounts and trans mounts and lifting the motor and reblocking the motor mounts.

But if you want to still pull the trans out, you will pull the driveshaft, the trans linkage and dipstick pipe. Then unbolt the starter, torque converter, and finally every bolt on the trans case to motor block. Earlier you loosened the trans mount bolts, now the frame crossbar should be unbolted and everything should drop.

Dec 26, 2009 | 1997 Ford Aerostar Extended

1 Answer

How to change a torque converter

You have to remove either the engine or transmission, whichever's easier. Front wheel drives are usually easier to remove the transmission, which will require removing both CV shafts, brakes, hubs, and struts. You then unbolt the transmission from the engine, slide it back a little, unbolt the torque converter from the flywheel, and drop the transmission out of the bottom of the car, and then you can pull the torque converter off the transmission and replace it.

Oct 29, 2009 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

2 Answers

The engine needs replaced and need to know if the transmission will need to be dropped to do so

no, Because the transmission is underneath your motor. now if you were changing your transmission you would have to pull out the motor then hoist the transmission out.

May 04, 2009 | 1997 Ford Taurus

2 Answers

Changing transmition filter

The transmission filter is located inside the transmission pan. Should take you around an hour or so to drain and drop pan replace filter and replace pan. Thanks for using FixYa!

Mar 26, 2009 | 1994 Isuzu Trooper

1 Answer

How do I get a manual for a 1998 mercury Sable for free?

To replace or service the transmission you will need to:

lift the vehicle
support then engine using a hoist/lift
support the transmission using a hoist/lift
unbolt the motor mounts (There are 4 of them)
lower the engine 8 - 10 inches
unbolt the transmission
lower the transmission

Jul 19, 2008 | 1998 Mercury Sable

Not finding what you are looking for?
2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Logo

Related Topics:

86 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts


Level 3 Expert

77514 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides