Question about 1996 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

96 plmoth turns over great but takes a long time to finally crank

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 41 Answers

If dont have sranner hook test light at injector groung side that would tell that crank sensor is working or the pump is weak hook up fuel pressure gauge and watch gauge

Posted on Sep 06, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

92 Mitsubishi mighty max pickup 2.4L is suddenly very hard to crank, usually requires full throttle, several times. then once cranked as it has been doing every time lately, it takes a substantial amount...


In this situation u need to check the fuel pump pressure. .when fuel pressure delayed or not holding pressure it may caused by operation of fuel pump. .you can also the check fuel lines...

Aug 24, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I am replacing the timing belt on a 98 subaru forester and the cam pullys moved I need to know where the marks need to be on the top and bottom pulleys on both banks and the crank a picture would be great


Hi
When you finally replace the belts, turn the engine over using a spanner on the crank pully, turn the engine slow incase there is any contact, when you are happy there is no contact, you can then use the ignition switch. Hope this helps.

ste_signum_t_11.jpgste_signum_t_12.jpgste_signum_t_13.jpgste_signum_t_14.jpgste_signum_t_15.jpg

Mar 20, 2011 | Subaru Forester Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

90% of the time the car runs great and starts with no problem. The other 10% of the time I turn the car on and it just cranks. When it finally does turn over the car will have a the check engine light on...


You May have a clogged Fuel filter, if That doesnt work you need to get the code for the check engine light, this will leed you to the problemed sensor going out.

May 15, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Camaro

1 Answer

1995 jeep cranks over a LONG time before it will finally start


sounds like yor car is in limp home mode. Funny name I know but its true. You may have lost your cam sensor so it went it this mode. A car won't start with out a crank senor but it will with out a cam sensor it just takes a few revolutions of the engine. Find your cam sensor and replace it hope this helps you

Jan 11, 2009 | 1995 Jeep Wrangler

1 Answer

Seems like a starter issue. Not every time but most of the time when I try to start the car it just clicks...turn it over enough and it will start. It is a 1997 model. Great car and want to keep running...


Sounds like the starter is probably missin some teeth needs to be replaced... Also go to auto zone or whatever is near you and have them test your battery

Jul 30, 2008 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks

3 Answers

2003 cadillac cts


Hey Guys! Had the same annoying problem. Cadillac dealer could find nothing wrong with it. Gave me a new battery. Took it to PepBoys and it died for them and immediately they found that it was the Crank Positon Sensor!! Part was $70 + labor. GOOD as NEW!!!!

Jul 24, 2008 | 2005 Cadillac CTS

Not finding what you are looking for?
1996 Dodge Caravan Logo

Related Topics:

88 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

69244 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22026 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

6817 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...