Question about 2004 Suzuki Verona
My key remote seemed to stop working, so I replaced the battery. After replacing the battery I noticed that the LED worked fine, but it didn't lock/unlock the doors at all, nor did it open the trunk. Any advice on what I can do on my own, or do I need to send it in to the company?
You may have lost programming in the remote.
Here are the instruction to program it
1. Confirm that all doors are closed and the ignition key is NOT in the ignition cylinder.
2. Open the driver's door and within 10 seconds insert the key in the ignition.
3. Now, within 10 seconds remove the key from the ignition.
4. Within the next 20 seconds, push and release the driver's door switch 3 times. This is the switch near the door strike plate which turns on the inside light and indicates that the door is open.
5. Within 10 seconds, insert the key in the ignition.
6. Now, within 10 seconds remove the key from the ignition.
7. Within the next 20 seconds, press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter. Hold both for at least 5 seconds. All the doors will lock or unlock to confirm that procedure was done properly.
8. Within the next 5 seconds after step 7 was complete, press either the LOCK or UNLOCK button to confirm that this process has been properly done. Now, the transmitter has been programmed.
9. Repeat steps 1 to 8 for additional transmitters.
10. Operate each transmitter to verify the programming.
Posted on Sep 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2014 | 2009 Mazda MAZDA5
Mar 04, 2011 | Saab 9 3 Cars & Trucks
Feb 05, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Durango
May 29, 2009 | 2003 Honda Accord
Mar 10, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Aug 02, 2008 | 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe
588 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!