- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Won't open from outside? Won't open from inside? Equipped with power door locks? IF so, and won't open inside/outside, suspect stuck power door lock actuator. Sometimes working the lock/unlock button will make the door unlock. If not, the door will require disassembly from inside to determine what the failure may be. If the door needs disassembly while in the closed position, the paneling/clips may get damaged FYI
? 9:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUV6BZfVxDY
Jun 15, 2011 - Uploaded by 1A Auto Parts
1A Auto shows you how to repair, install, fix, change or replace a broken .... The outside door handle is broken on my HondaAccord and the child ... How To Install Replace Broken RearOutside Door Handle 1996-00 Honda ...
www.automotiveforums.com > ... > Isuzu > Rodeo ' Passport ' MU Can't open rear door Rodeo ' Passport ' MU Car Forums. ... The driver side rear door on my 95 Rodeo won't open. ... You can remove the door panel without opening the door. ... I've got a 96 Rodeo and the DS RR door was stuck as well. ... I went to aHonda dealer (lack of ISUZU dealers in my area) to get the part, it only ...
for passenger side:
1. unclip screw cover 'center flap' of inside door opener plastic cover, flap is 3/8"x 3/8" (center of plastic cover)
2. remove phillips screw now showing
3. push fabric panel (edge of door opener plastic cover-at hinged end of chrome handle) to allow uncliping of edge of plastic cover (top rt & lwr rt (for passenger side) of plastic cover)
4. open chrome inside door handle to allow plastic cover to be removed-slide plastic cover toward rear, free end of door to remove cover
5. remove switch panel-gently pry with wide non maring pry bar (cover wide blade screwdriver using cloth) do rear of sw panel 1st (don't pry front edge)
6. slide switch panel toward rear to allow removal
7. remove large phillips screw under sw panel
8. remove the 2 plastic covers near top, hinge edge -use plastic spoon handles to encourage caps to pop off. May also require small screwdriver approx 1/8" in to complete pop off
9. remove the 2 phillips screws w/ captive washers
10. remove 3 phillips/hex screws along the bottom inside of door panel
11. on outside/rear edge of panel push the 2 center pins of each in about 1/8"-this allows the clip to be pulled out w/ pin pushed in
12. remove plastic cover (REAR OF SIDE MIRROR)-pull window edge up and back.
13. lift rear of door panel (not hinge edge) up allow hinge edge to pivot around lower pin in door (hinge edge)
14. remove the 2 rt edge "L" brackets (gently pry center plastic pin out) (note the color and replace as removed)
15. slowly peel the clear plastc away from the non hinged end to expose the plastic panel with 3 phillips head screws
16. remove the 3 screws and panel for access to door handle.
17. using access area now available unlatch the rod attached to exterior door handle (unclip plastic to rotate clip up to allow rod to slide out-toward hinged edge)
18. using access area now available remove rod from ext door handle from inside door area
19. remove the 3 -10mm head bolts
20. remove the ext door handle (bottom edge out first)
reverse order to replace door handle
I have a 2002 pontiac grand am with both power windows and door locks. Everything else works except the lock assembly on the rear driver side rear door latch. I have removed the inside panel , aboth rods are connected. all power is disconnected to that door. I moved both of the rods correctly and the door will slightly open but that is all. How can I get it to release so I can repair or replace the latch and lock if nescessary ? I had the same problem only reversed with the frond door it would not close but after some trying I fixed that problem.
My friend just had this problem and he reached in and pulled the inside door handle back as far as it would go, and then let it go, allowing it to 'snap' back. For some reason this fixed it. We have no idea why. By doing this on one door, both rear door locks freed up and the rear locks are now working. Before, both rear locks were stuck and you could not open the doors from the inside nor the outside. Not sure why it works, but maybe it will work for you!
just take off the inside panel and look inside the should be some tiny silver bars that either pull up or go side to side, then pull that should open it. also you can get to the handle from the inside access and replace from an auto parts store
stupid question but did you try inside latch?If so you should be able to remove seat from other side and remove door panel and replace parts (probley clip) as needed or at least open door if latch is defective