- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi; no power ? 93 jeep grand cherokee 4x4; cat. was burned out ! badly hot !. i did cut it off, ! put back with out a cat....just a new muffler, shot tail pipe.. put in new spark plugs,, new dist. rotor, ? those's, old plugs were very black!
but, rough starting, how, do you find the power codes, ? or reset, the computor ?. just has no power !??. what's wrong ?. can, i reset ?..can i buy some fuel treatment?????
if it is posible for you to drain the the old gasoline out and refill the tank with fresh gasoline that would be great, but if you only have a1/4 tank and draining the tank is not posible fill your tank up with supreme gas not regular the better grade gas with the high octane will dilute the old gas and help burn off the gas when the car starts.if you have more then 1/2 a tank try to pump out the gas with a driil pump, you can buy these a your local hardware store insert hose in filler neck of the tank.you should also remove the spark plugs and with and oil can add 8 good pumps of the can of motor oil in the cylinders do not replace plugs **** with a freshly charged battery turn the engine over few time in 2 or 3 second intervals this will kleen any rust that would have built up on the cylinder walls and also lube up the cylinder wall so that at start up the cylinder wont be dry ,add a few more sqirts of oil between turnovers.Replace spark plug if old ones look bad put spark plug in and start her up its going to smoke a bit at firts **** it will stop after the oil that was put in the cylinders burns off,let the engine idle for 10-15 minutes before putting any strain on motor give it a chance to clean out cylinders burn a few tanks of gas and change gas filter it should be fine.
try installing a new ignition switch maybe burned out. get a repair manual to do so. its not hard but buy it from a auto shop with life time warranty $100. - dealer 200 and very limited warranty.
as for the fans not starting there are 3 relay switches by the battery. look like little sqaures. when they burn out your ac fans do not come on or cooling fans. there about 6 or 7 bucks a piece. if you put all 3 new ones its prob the fan motor. they cost $50 and you can do it your self without a repair manual. you may have to cut the original wires splice them and retape with with electrical tape to the new fan motor. or you can buy original fan motors from the dealer for $150 each!
keep a spare in your trunk because when that relays goes out and your ac does to you will want to put a new one in asap where ever you are.
also if its cranks and does not start have a mechanic look at the wires connecting to the starter. sometimes they rot and make poor contact and do not get enough power to start or a bad starter?. had that on my 99 mazda lx. if you are driving an automatic take it the dealer or mechanic to have them put some type of cooler for the transmission or else it will overheat and cost you a new one of 2000. the part is 300 and need a mechanic to install it. that is a very known prob with the automatic transmissions. it should be a recall fortunetly i have manual transmission.
I'm not an expert by any means,but I hear nothing but bad things about those auto starts. Several mechanic friends of mine refuse to put them in. The damage may be done ,but you might try taking out the auto start. i know it's a real nice feature,but that's quite a price to pay for it.
I have a 94 as well and had a similar problem before, the Opti spark was replaced and it starts imediatily like in less than one second, but its kinda expensive. Im no mechanic though just personal experience.