Question about 2000 Mazda 626
I bought a 2000 Mazda 626 with only one chip key and no remote. I bought a remote online which came with instructions for programming. However I was never able to program the remote. I have sent the remote back twice and am on my third remote but this one doesn't work either. The battery is good.
2000 Mazda 626
Note: Make SURE the battery is new.
Instructions for programming ONE keyless remote fob.
1. Open the driver’s door & leave open.
2. Insert the key in the ignition.
3. Turn the key to the on and off position 3 times.
4. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. After door open chime stops, press the door open button 3 times.
6. After chime, press any fob key twice.
7. After second chime, press any fob key twice again.
8. After third chime, press any fob key twice again.
9. Press the door open button once.
10. The car should give another acknowledgement chime.
11. Test key fob.
This DOES work. I just programmed mine successfully today, three hours ago.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 12, 2016 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Feb 09, 2015 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks
Jun 10, 2011 | Pontiac Grand Am Cars & Trucks
Dec 26, 2010 | 2000 Mazda 626
Mar 29, 2010 | 2000 Mazda 626
Dec 09, 2009 | 1995 Mazda 626
May 24, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Durango
May 15, 2009 | 2000 Mazda 626
Sep 26, 2008 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 30, 2008 | 2004 Dodge Neon
1,613 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!