Tip & How-To about Hyundai Santa Fe
A door panel removal tool works best, but if you have a stiff putty
knife about 4" long and 1 1/4" wide it will work if you are careful.
Start at the bottom of the panel and work your way around. Insert the
blade all the way in between the panel and the door with the edge of
the blade right next to the plastic fastener. Then pull the tool handle
away from the door slowly. It will take a bit of pressure to get the
first one or two clips to release.
The other steps I follow to remove this panel are as follows:
1. Remove the screw in the trim behind the door handle and then remove the trim piece.
2. Remove the door release cable from the handle.
3. Remove the door handle mounting bolts and then remove the handle.
4. Remove the three door panel mounting screws: 2 on the back edge of the panel and 1 in the door pull cup.
5. Separate the panel edges from the door. (see above) Lift the panel up starting with the back edge first to free the top lip of the panel from the door.
6. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the switches and light. (You may need a very small flat blade screw driver to depress the locking tabs on the switch connectors.)
plz rate this solution as i have a whole page of unrated posts, thanks
Posted by paul... on
May 05, 2014 | 2003 Ford Expedition
Aug 29, 2010 | 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
Mar 22, 2010 | 2003 GMC Envoy Xl
Oct 10, 2009 | 2000 Buick LeSabre
Apr 15, 2009 | 2000 Suzuki Esteem
4,642 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!