Tip & How-To about Acura CL
When you next do an oil change on any vehicle or machine, wrap a few turns of PTFE pipe sealing tape around the sump plug before replacing it. Not only will this seal the plug, it will protect the threads, act as a self locking device, reduce the need for excessive tightening thus preventing damage to the plug driver and make the plug easier to remove next time.
Posted by Hans... on
Apr 03, 2014 | 1998 Mercury Mystique
Sep 14, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
May 27, 2011 | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
E60 Removing And Installing, Sealing Or Replacing Oil Sump (M54)
Necessary preliminary tasks. -
- Remove intake filter housing
- Remove guide tube for oil dipstick
- Lowering front axle support
- Drain off engine oil
- Disconnect plug connection to oil level sensor.
On vehicles with automatic transmission:
- Detach oil lines from automatic transmission and from oil pan.
- Unfasten oil pan screws at transmission and engine ends.
- Lower and remove oil pan.
Sealing faces clean and free of seal debris.
Apply approx.3 mm wide, 2 mm high coat of Drei Bond 1209 sealing agen to the area around seams.
Or take it to a dealer....
Apr 19, 2011 | BMW 330 Cars & Trucks
Feb 03, 2009 | 1996 Ford Escort 4 Door
1,721 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!