Tip & How-To about Jeep Grand Cherokee
CAUTION: Whenever the fuel pump module is serviced, the rubber seal (gasket) must be replaced.
1. Using a new seal (gasket), position fuel pump module into opening in fuel tank.
2. Position lockring (5) over top of fuel pump module.
3. Rotate module until embossed alignment arrow points to center alignment mark. This step must be performed to prevent float from contacting side of fuel tank. Also be sure fuel fitting on top of pump module is pointed to drivers side of vehicle.
4. Install Lockring Remover/Installer 9340 (3) to lockring.
5. Install 1/2 inch drive breaker (1) into Lockring Remover/Installer 9340 (3).
6. Tighten lockring (clockwise) until all seven notches have engaged.
7. Install fuel tank.
Posted by GetMeOttaH... on
Jan 19, 2011 | 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 17, 2010 | 2001 Jeep Wrangler
Mar 23, 2010 | 1996 Dodge Intrepid
Mar 22, 2009 | 1985 Chevrolet S-10
Mar 14, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Durango
4,536 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!