Tip & How-To about Chevrolet Camaro

Handling computers and processers

Always before touching or handling any computorized car part always discharge all your static electricity , If not could mess up the unit you are working with which could be costly.

Posted by on

Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hi have a magne1.9 deisel when I insert my card it says card not accepted, is this because I need to change the battery? In my card


If you have a voltmeter, check the battery. Replace if it is below 2.7 V (should be about 3 V). If changing the battery doesn't work, check out this video: Renault key card easy fix ignition key save 300 GBP - YouTube

Note one thing: the person in the video is not observing electrostatic safety handling precautions. Do not touch any of the circuitry with your fingers except the battery contacts or printed foil connected directly to the battery; otherwise handle the circuit board only by the edges. If you must use a non-insulated tool, touch it to a battery contact before applying it to the circuit board to discharge any static electricity carried from your fingers. Carelessness in this regard could damage the integrated circuit, leading to immediate or eventual failure.

Jun 27, 2014 | Renault Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

i need instructions for replacing a 98 sunfire turn signal lamp assembly


this is the exploded view of it. you need special tools to remove the steering wheel. disconnect the batt before you start so as not to set off the airbag before you handle the air bag touch a pice of metal to make sure you discharge static electricity. when you place the air bag down set it facing up never lay it on its face. remove the upper and lower cover after you remove the steering wheel. then you can unplug and unscrew the screws holding the turn signal assembly. good luck

Jan 20, 2011 | 1998 Pontiac Sunfire

1 Answer

the light on my speedometer does not work?


pull the dash cluster out and make sure you wear a static resitstor band around your wrist for discharging and static electricity if you dont you may blow the cluster then replace the small bulbs on the back of the cluster making sure to keep away from touching the electical pad on the back hope that helps.

Mar 22, 2010 | 1994 Mazda 626

1 Answer

WHY DOES MY CAR SHOCK ME


I'm not sure I follow you here. A 12 volt battery does not have enough voltage to shock you. You may be getting a static electricity discharge. Usually this will or can occur in dry climates or when humidity is low. The vinyl interior is a good insulator and if you wear nylon or polyester you will generate electricity so when you touch a door handle or lock and especially any metal.
Let me know what you think.
Regards,

Apr 07, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Aveo

Not finding what you are looking for?

532 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75066 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22095 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

7754 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...