Tip & How-To about Toyota Corolla
Its a plastic cap and and on its top the sparks wires get connected.A small plastic rotor spins inside the distributor cap, firing each spark plug as it rotates. If the distributor gets faulty there the engine may not perform well.
in most cases it has been noticed that only replacing the cap does not helps but with cap the rotors also need to be replaced.
The procedure is as follows:---
1) First of all disconnect the negative battery terminal.
2) Then remove the spark-plug wires .
Note:-- Before removing the spark plug wires please note down how and where the wires are connected,then only remove the connections.
3) Then on the distributor there will be a cap.remove that cap.the cap is connected by two pins.you will have to press the pins from each side to loosen the distributor cap.Then lift the distributor cap from the top.
4)Then remove the rotor From distributor The rotor is fitted with two screws.Remove the screws and loosen the rotor.
5) Then lift the rotor out from its shaft.
6) To install new rotor and cap.reverse the procedure.
This will help.Thanks.
Posted by charlymont... on
Jul 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 21, 2013 | Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Cars & Trucks
Dec 11, 2011 | 1998 Ford Contour
Sep 14, 2011 | Chevrolet 1500 Cars & Trucks
Sep 04, 2011 | 1990 Chevrolet C1500
2,020 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!