Tip & How-To about Audi AllRoad
1) First buy a new thermostat for you car year and model.
2) Then as per the procedure. Remove the radiator cap. Be careful that there will be pressure in the radiator. So just let the pressure release first before removing the cap completely.
3) The thermostat is connected to the black hose coming from radiator.
4) On the top of the engine there will be thermostat cover. The cover is fitted by two bolts on each side.
5) Then remove the hose connected to radio with the help of a pier.
6) The other end of the hose is connected at thermostat cover. Carefully remove the other end of the hose. A bit of coolant will flow from the hose while removing the hose.
7) Remove the screws holding the thermostat cover. Lift the cover after the screws are takes out. Then take the thermostat seated under the cover.
8) Remove the old gasket out from the thermostat with the help of knife.
9) Before removing the old thermostat carefully notice the position of old thermostat. In the same way place the new thermostat with the spring assembly in the down side of the engine.
10) Refit all the parts removed while removing the old thermostat properly.
11)After every thing is fitted proper as it was before, then check the coolant level if its low get it refilled till the required level.
This will help. Thanks.
Posted by charlymont... on
1,985 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!