Tip & How-To about Chrysler Town & Country
There are many possibilities for this problem. But are some
are very common for this problem.
1) Check out there is enough gas in your car.
2) Check the charge of the battery. It should be exact 12 volts. if the charge is low the engine will crank but won’t start.
3) Get it confirmed that there is fuel in car and fuel pump is also turning on
4) To check whether fuel pump is turning on or not try this procedure.Insert the key in the ignition, then turn the key to the ON position, and listen carefully from the back seat side you will here an electric noise for about 1 second every time you cycle the key on/off. If you hear nothing then your fuel pump is faulty or not receiving any power. In this case the fuel pump needs replacement.
5)But if fuels pump check out ok.then continues towards engine for finding fault. Check where engine is receiving the gas. Many times clogged fuel filter or blocked fuel injectors don’t let gas to flow towards the engine.
6) If the gas flow is proper towards the engine. Then route towards the spark plugs.
7)Check whether you get spark while you crack the engine. if no spark then it’s the problem in the spark plugs.
8) The spark plugs receive power from coil pack. If the coil pack is having proper voltage the fault in spark plugs is confirmed. But if the coils pack has low voltage then its time to replace the coil pack.
This will help. Thanks.
Posted by charlymont... on
Jun 24, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 22, 2014 | 1998 Hyundai Elantra
Feb 05, 2013 | Nissan Altima Cars & Trucks
Aug 05, 2011 | Dodge Ram 1500 Cars & Trucks
May 10, 2009 | 1991 Chevrolet Lumina
1,897 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!