Tip & How-To about Buick Century
procedure is follows:--
1) First of all disconnect the negative cable from the battery of car.
2) With flat head screwdriver, pry the gasket around the edge of the face of speedometer gauge away from the dash and remove the gasket.
3) You will have to pull the entire speedometer gauge out of the dash;
NOTE:-- do not to disconnect the connecting electrical wires when you pull speedometer.With the gauge face down remove the screws from the back of the case with a screwdriver. After removing the screws , lift the gauge out of its casing and see its back.
4) Then grasp the post to reset the trip odometer. Do it very carefully;
5) Then remove the speedometer needle by turning the needle clockwise.
6) Then remove the two screws in the face of the gauge with screwdrivers.
7) Remove the motor casing for the odometer out from the dial after the screws are removed.you will need to pull the motor casing a bit to remove it out.
8) In the motor casing you will see the gear pod at the top of the motor casing. Slightly with bit force remove the gear pod. The gear pod is attached to the "lid" of the casing .
9) You will see the odometer planetary gear in the gear pod which you removed.Remove the planetary gear from the gear pod with the help of mini flat head screwdriver.
10) Insert new gear into position and reassemble the gauge by reversing the procedure.
This will help.thanks.
Posted by charlymont... on
Sep 23, 2015 | 2000 Cadillac Catera
Oct 31, 2010 | 2002 Lincoln LS
Jan 11, 2010 | 2006 Chrysler Sebring
Jan 05, 2009 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,902 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!