Tip & How-To about Volkswagen Passat
The instructions to replace the Stabilizer Link in a car is follows:--
First of all make sure the vehicle is completely cool. Then
disconnect the battery ground wire.
2) Isolate the removed battery ground wire to avoid accidental contact with the terminal during the procedure.
3) Then place the vehicle on a rack or raise the front of the vehicle on supports.
4) Then remove the front wheels and tires.
5) Then carefully loose the fasteners that hold the ends of the sway bar.
6) Then remove the nuts and bolts from the brackets.4
Then remove the stabilizer (sway) bar from the vehicle.
NOTE:-- While removing the stabilizer bar be very careful that no proximate cables get caught on the bar and pulled out.
That is all.the Stabilizer Bar and Links are removed. This will help.Good luck.
Posted by charlymont... on
Sep 15, 2011 | 2003 Pontiac Sunfire
Removal & Installation
Mar 04, 2011 | Pontiac G6 Cars & Trucks
Mar 30, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Oct 30, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Corvette
1,801 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!